Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DecentJobs.com $586/mn revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I will not be surprised if the result from the traffic test comes out a little lower. DNS refresh can take as long as one week to implement. I sold a domain that had 18 to 30 unique/day, but during the first week of switching to a different parking sponsor, the traffic dropped to 5 u/d. I even received some traffic to my portfolio on the 7th day. The traffic started rolling in on the beginning of the following week.
I'm interested to see the results here.

abcnyc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will not be surprised if the result from the traffic test comes out a little lower. DNS refresh can take as long as one week to implement. I sold a domain that had 18 to 30 unique/day, but during the first week of switching to a different parking sponsor, the traffic dropped to 5 u/d. I even received some traffic to my portfolio on the 7th day. The traffic started rolling in on the beginning of the following week.
I'm interested to see the results here.

I'm interested as well. I switched it over last night from the IREIT test. The admin (impactadmin) on this board that did the test hasn't responded to my PM's in the last few days. I switched it over last night to TrafficZ.com, and it looks like the traffic hasnt skipped a beat. Its already at $19 today in rev. I'll post trafficz results in the next couple days.

abcnyc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if I was trying to pull an underhanded move, would I allow a 1 week traffic test?

You're probably not doing anything dishonest. But is there any reason to believe this traffic will continue now that the domain is parked? Seems likely all the traffic is coming from links and previous promotion, correct me if I'm wrong?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why don't you point it to parked.com and look at the referrer stats

I am still interested in the domain if it's type-ins

abcnyc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're probably not doing anything dishonest. But is there any reason to believe this traffic will continue now that the domain is parked? Seems likely all the traffic is coming from links and previous promotion, correct me if I'm wrong?

As usual a large portion of the traffic is from ppc arbitrage. The ppc traffic WILL die down eventually.

But as you can see here though that over a quarter to a third is direct type-ins. This we the same ratio on my stats at domainsponsor.com. Thats why i'm selling the domain based on JUST the type-in traffic, instead of gross traffic.

Its my guess that the type-in traffic has a higher click-through than the referred traffic. Thats why i wanted impactadmin to do a traffic test on the domain, to see if my theory is correct.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/abcnyc/directtrafficstatsdecentjobs.jpg

what do you think?

anyone know where impactadmin went?
-----------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

here are the stats for today. I optimized the page around noon, the ctr came up slightly in percentage points. around $48 rev for the day.

rev:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/abcnyc/latestdecentjobsstats.jpg

type-in vs. referrals:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/abcnyc/latestreferralsdecentjobs.jpg

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please note that the "orange" colored stats on trafficZ are only "estimated" numbers. It will update to real numbers in a day or so....

abcnyc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol, I just got a response from impactadmin for the first time in almost a week. He is telling me it received ZERO traffic. Even though the entire time it pointed to one of THEIR landing pages fully optimized. He can keep the $130-$160 bucks it made over the last week, he obviously needs it more than I do. Anyways, hes full of shit, thats why i included the pm responses from the last week below. I really have nothing to prove. So from now on, I'm not allowing testing unless you pay $30/day upfront for the duration of testing, I will refund any profit from the balance of the $30 the domain doesnt achieve over the course of the switch. At this point, its making very good money for me, and I dont care if it takes me 2 months of tracking solid results to get the price I want. If anyone is still interested in having me post stats daily/weekly, please reply to this post. Otherwise, I'll be back in two months with this name if i'm still looking for a sale then. Its too bad 1 person had to screw it up for everyone.

Kind Regards,

Alex

------------

impactadmin said:
Hi,

During the time you had it pointed to us there was no traffic that came through that we can see.

Are you sure you pointed it to us correctly because there are no visitors to the site.

Thank you

abcnyc said:
I believe tomorrow is going to be the last of the five days? Whats the status as of right now?

impactadmin said:
Hi,

Our stats are 48 hours behind, so I will let you know tomorrow on how it is doing.

Thank you

abcnyc said:
whats the good word so far?

impactadmin said:
Hi,

How long have you owned it?

Thank you

abcnyc said:
impactadmin said:
Can you also send the last 60 days of traffic and revenue history on this domain?

Thank you

In Reply to your Post [post=1193744]DecentJobs.com $586/mn revenue[/post]:

I sent all my traffic stats. I havent owned it that long.

I

impactadmin

Hi,

I sent you an honest response. I test domains on a daily basis and have purchased many based on traffic. I tested your domain and we did not receive any stats on it.

Out of the 3 domains I put up for test that same day, yours did not report any traffic or revenue. There is no need for me to lie to you to you about the revenue and risk our reputation on it. We deal with much larger transactions on a daily basis.

From our experience there was no traffic received, it is up to the to the discretion of other buyers to review the domain and test it first.

I did not screw it up for anyone as I am reporting actual results. If you are actually making that much revenue, I suggest keep it for now, so you have solid stats to report 2 months down the road. Even now you do not have enough stats to show any track of history on the earnings as well.

Thank you

dcmike77

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Impact. Your effort is very much appreciated here and I'm not surprised at all in the results.

Naturally I'll pass :) Best of luck to the seller.

Cheers

abcnyc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I sent you an honest response. I test domains on a daily basis and have purchased many based on traffic. I tested your domain and we did not receive any stats on it.

Out of the 3 domains I put up for test that same day, yours did not report any traffic or revenue. There is no need for me to lie to you to you about the revenue and risk our reputation on it. We deal with much larger transactions on a daily basis.

From our experience there was no traffic received, it is up to the to the discretion of other buyers to review the domain and test it first.

I did not screw it up for anyone as I am reporting actual results. If you are actually making that much revenue, I suggest keep it for now, so you have solid stats to report 2 months down the road. Even now you do not have enough stats to show any track of history on the earnings as well.

Thank you

I pm'd you 24 hours after I switched the namesevers to see what was up and you said you would let me know in 48 hours, because you have a 48 hour delay. You continued to ask questions over the next couple days, then I asked for another update, about 36 hours after the namesevers were switched. I DIDNT GET ANOTHER PM FROM YOU UNTIL I POSTED ON THIS BOARD. The entire week the domain resolved to a IREIT lander optimized for jobs. Youre saying that it didnt pick up any visitors, not even the memebers of this board like me who checked it.....HMMMM, thats weird. The negitive feedbacks you had from me and other members magically disapared, interesting.

Either way, I could care less about the money, its about reputation. I'll wait 2-3 months to repost stats on this domain, even if i'm not looking to sell it.

Its also nice to see you are able to remove the negative feedbacks other members sent you previously.

If anyone lives in NYC and wants to see stats from right in front of my computer, call me up 646.772.7994 - alex

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, I hear what you're saying...but I have done business with IREIT in the past and they are no joke..they can buy just about any domain they want to and a deal like this is on the lower end of their dealings...if it had the bang, they would have shown the buck. Good luck.

abcnyc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dude, I hear what you're saying...but I have done business with IREIT in the past and they are no joke..they can buy just about any domain they want to and a deal like this is on the lower end of their dealings...if it had the bang, they would have shown the buck. Good luck.

Have you done business with this guy personally?

Chuckles2

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone lives in NYC and wants to see stats from right in front of my computer, call me up 646.772.7994 - alex

Just a thought... Got a webcam? It's only a thought... If I were in your position, honest or not, I would probably be irritated at having to jump through hoops.

Still, if the majority of traffic is PPC arbitrage, as I appreciate you have stated plainly, that portion of traffic is pretty much irrelevant to any buyer.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can have someone test traffic by directed to their server, and then have them forward to you parking company, in this case TarfficZ. You lose nothing, and they gain clear stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators