• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Delete process brough by Snap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have printed it out - it helps to see the new process.
 
George,

Thanks for the heads up. You are right -- that graphic as it currently stands is incorrect. Unless a domain is deleted within 5 days of the initial registration, it goes directly into RGP. Not really sure why we were saying otherwise . . .

Expect an updated version of that chart on our site shortly. Again, thanks for your help.

Best,

Kjel
 
ICANN, NSI, Verisign, whoever should enforce the process by which Registrars delete domains. It should be mandatory that domains are deleted by the registrar once they exceed 45 days past expiration, not optional which certainly seems to take place today.

I am sure many of us could provide examples of domains that should have been released months or even years ago.
 
The keyword on the chart is "May" as in ""registrar may send delete command to the registry at it's discretion"

I'd like to see "Must send the delete command"
 
Thanks George K and Kjel for clarifying that! Saved me a lot of trouble. I had my doubts too that this chart was accurate, but then again I thought if Snap posts it, it had to be correct. Don't believe all the stuff you hear and see!! :)

BTW, Kjel YGM!
 
yea,and if you have a snap on a netsol name? If you think Verisign doesn't have a team of domain valuators, deciding what to hold, you are dreaming. Otherwise, how could they have been placing values for auctions on ebay a while back? Verisign speculates folks. There are hundreds of one word domains that have been held for over 6 mos. by them. ICANN does nothing about it. It is truly the wolf guarding the hen house. Lately, the whois is jacked, I see names on hold with expiration days months and years down the road. The whole DNS is broken. Registrars were supposed to place every name back in the system, and they dont. I think all the registrars are into speculating. C'mon, DomainCollection, iHoldings, DotRegistrar. All the same. Its only going to get worse. ICANN need to be dissolved. They are not in control of the registrars, it is the other way around. Verisign is making the rules. Who came up with WLS? Not ICANN.
 
The whole DNS is broken

That's it in a nutshell.

Icann with its toothless policies has allowed the registrar community and special interests to run amok.

It's no longer about competition but about how much you can steal before they close the doors.

Winners to date are Verisign and their little butt buddies.:eek:
 
Originally posted by GeorgeK
I believe their graphic is wrong. *Any* domain deleted (even after 45 days past renewal) goes into RGP.

I was wrong to interpret the image too.
 
Kjel,

Please let us know when that graphic is fixed. We would all like to see the corrected version.
 
There is an updated version of the delete cycle graphic available now. Sorry for any confusion that the earlier, incorrect diagram may have caused.

--Kjel
 
Thanks Kjel - the new one looks nicer to, but I'll miss the original one - those were the days.
 
With this new system......the chance we have on getting a decent drop is slim to none....this sucks.... :sad:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom