• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Detroit.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameMatters

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
1,954
Reaction score
5
Any thoughts? Any one has any comparable sales info? Any comments are appreciated.

thanks,
 
nice grab IMO high $X,XXX to low $XX,XXX well done Sai
 
A couple years back I brokered a couple state name .infos for around $5,000.

I would put this one in the same ballpark, maybe up to $15,000 if you find the perfect buyer.

NewYork.info sold for around $30,000 I believe.
 
Min. offer for detroit.us is $4k on sedo so ?

I would say not a penny more than $9999.99 :)
 
$4k to $8k The .US is worth more in the case of US cities.
 
Today - undeveloped 5K to 12,500

When .info becomes popular 25k +

^
^
^
"Because a good .info is better than a bad .com"
 
I dunno anymore about $10K, I see popular cities on a well known sales site asking that and they generaly sale at 40-60% of asking price.
 
If you ask me...I love more Detroit.info than Detroit.com...

As someone said here...develop it...and you can get twice the price the people would pay for it right now...

Good luck!
 
Hi,
the .com is obviously the best. This is the next best for me. Especially for places & major cities. I believe even martians have heard of Detroit. Top 10 US City. Impossible to mis-spell. $10 -$20 k
Quality
Guy:nerd:
 
Detroit.info is definetely much better than detroit.us. It doesn't matter if it is a US city or not, in any case .info is much more valuable. Location+info is a killer combination, only .com can do it better.
 
Detroit.info is definetely much better than detroit.us. It doesn't matter if it is a US city or not, in any case .info is much more valuable. Location+info is a killer combination, only .com can do it better.

Completely disagree. Dot us has been used for 20+ years as a geographic identifier and far more people have seen dot us used for city and state government sponsored information sites.

Let me add however that detroit.info is a terrific name.
 
.info has much more potential and much less limitations than .us
 
Cool name,IMO at least Mid$X,XXX
Good Luck!
 
carlton, you own detroit.us, so it will be strange to expect another answer from you :-). For you detroit.us costs 5 times more than .info names.

My assumptions that info is more valuable than .us based on few factors:

1. Anybody can have .info name in the world, so the market is bigger than .us
market. More people can register name, more people can buy the name from you if you want to sell it

2. Info domain names can be used for exectly the same purposes as us names, but .info names have much more advantage than used for travel portals.

I am not only saying that detroit.info cost more than .us, I am saying it cost twise more than .us
In domain name industry is very important to invest in extension that makes sense, and doesn't have limitations. .US, like .CA don't attract anybody except local people.

What can you do with your detroit.us?

1. Build a local portal with information about the city for locals
2. build community portal for locals or forum
3. build travel portal
this is what comes to my mind. There are more choices for development
of course. No 1 and 2 probably extensions info and us will fit the same way, for number 3 .info definetely wins.
Please don't tell me that there is a need for another government portal for this city :-)

You think I am wrong with my assesments?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom