• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Detroit.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why would you look for a worldwide market provider? its a US City. Its targetted.
 
re:why would you look for a worldwide market provider? its a US City. Its targetted.

why not take into consideration other sources of income? US is more targeted than .info? Sorry, I don't think so.

When you have a king on your hands like .com you can go to any direction with it, develop any site you want, no limits.
.INFO offers the same but for the fraction of the price. .US only limits you to the local public.
 
As for the topic at hand...regardless of info vs. us for this name it will come down to marketing=dollars making either extension brandable.

No one HAS TO have the info when the us works just as well imo and is targetted. Not like info get a million hits and us 1...lol Either successful extension will rely on investment dollars. As a guy who invests in a name I look for one thing...buying price. What are the odds detroit dot info will get $XXXXX plus plus when the us is there for $4K or more ? To anyone with common sense and a us market in mind will make the .us its choice.
 
TheLegendaryJP, I will solve this mistery for you :-) :

re: What are the odds detroit dot info will get $XXXXX plus plus when the us is there for $4K or more ?

You can't own .US , you are Canadian! You can own .info name though
 
TheLegendaryJP, I will solve this mistery for you :-) :

re: What are the odds detroit dot info will get $XXXXX plus plus when the us is there for $4K or more ?

You can't own .US , you are Canadian! You can own .info name though



:hand: ...lol
 
cities/states .info(s) fit better... history,currency,laws (us) fit better. Imo
 
great name esp. if developed into a travel portal
 
carlton, you own detroit.us, so it will be strange to expect another answer from you :-).
I'm quite capable of unbiased thought, :cheeky:

For you detroit.us costs 5 times more than .info names.
I don't know what this means.

You think I am wrong with my assesments?
I think you make a good point about .info's international appeal. I very much like .info! My view is that both .info and .US are excellent extensions and have enough appeal to be hugely successful as separate entities - particularly good keywords. I disagree with the dramatic difference you see in value. .US is not as restricted as you suggest. What we get here with .US is instant recognition in a very wealthy market. Half of my travel bookings in .US come from overseas (I'm referring to the Detroit, Portland, St. Louis sites). International net users know .US very well.

I regard both .info and .us (as well as .biz) as excellent for Geo locations. I tend to value them fairly close to each other and see their values moving steadily up and poised to grow with the success of the internet. So I'm with you on .info as a good tld - just not beyond .US.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom