• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers Developed Website: maperoo.com | $500 | Web 2.0 Ajax Map Site and Local Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
513
Reaction score
0
Domain Name: maperoo.com

Registrar: Moniker

Price: $500

Type of website: Web 2.0 Ajax Map Site and Local Search Engine

Message:
www.maperoo.com

New Web 2.0ish map and local search engine site for sale.

BIN: $500

Been working on this for some time, basically trying to push the limits of Yahoo Maps, local and traffic API. Oh yea, live traffic updates, from accidents to lane closings.

No page refreshing for quicker, smoother use. Locations and searches are saved in a cookie so that users can bookmark their locations to do a number of things such as check traffic in their area in the morning before work.
 
Hi David

The site doesnt seem to be working properly for me, the links dont work in Firefox and the map doesnt load at all in IE. If it works I would be interested in buying...

thanks.
 
Ahh thanks for letting me know!

It's all fixed, the IE issue is atleast.

I don't know what you mean the links don't work in FF, they work over here very well in FF and IE. Try using a location that will have a lot of information around it such as:

131 Tremont St. Boston, MA

That's right in downtown boston and is surronded by things.

David.
 
ok. yup I'll have a look at it now then :)
 
It all work for you now?

David
 
very cool, looks very cool..
 
Thanks
 
Hi David,

I am very interested in this site but I do have a few questions.

- The site seems to work well but the links at the bottom of the page don’t seem to do anything? Maybe it is because I am not looking in the right part of the map, I’m not sure. When you click on “food” for example, what should happen?
- Can you help setup this site on the new owners server? Is there anything specific that the server needs to support?
- Any traffic / revenue?

Get back to me and I will make you an offer.

Thanks,
Jon
 
You could either be in an area with none of the things you selected.

Or if no markers show up, try zooming out one level then back in. This happens with Yahoo's API sometimes, but try that.

db
 
Very good work using their API. Similar to something I did with Google Maps API
 
$300

I can send the money through paypal right now. Let me know and we can get the ball rolling.
 
i can't get the site to work, would be interested if it actually work.
 
It works for me IE, FF and Opera. Don't know why it's not working, if the map overlays don't appear, try zooming out one level. Some areas on the map the markers don't display originally, this is something on Yahoo's end and I'm told they're addressing it.

~19-20 uniques a day says webalyzer.

Lowered BIN to: $450
 
David, shoot me an IM about this when you get a chance.
 
Any updates on this? My $300 bid still stands.
 
Uhmm.... no updates really..

$400 BIN
 
I offered it to Jon for $300 but no response in 5 days.

So BIN is now $300

David
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom