Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Difference between "Available Soon" vs "Expiring" domain LISTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me difference between the two lists on this page : "Available Soon Domain" vs "Expiring Domains" just below it.
https://www.snapnames.com/download.jsp

I opened "Available Soon" list for Nov 18 and found name "00000x.com". If I search this domain through advance search it says
Order By: Nov 18, 2012 1:45 PM
Minimum Bid: $69

Then I opened "Expiring Domain List" for same date Nov 18 and found domain 33h.org and searched this domain via advance search
Its status is also " Available Soon"
Order By: Nov 18, 2012 12:00 AM
Minimum Bid: $89

If both domains have "SAME' status, then why they are in TWO DIFFERENT lists ?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is at least one difference between the two.

The .com is in pending-delete status and will be deleted in the very next few days.
The .org is to be auctioned as prerelease, and will be dropped if it gets no bids.
So the 'expiring' domain is not slated for deletion yet, and will retain its original creation date if bought while being available as prerelease.

SBS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I ordered some domains which were "Available Soon". Now when I check back, some of them say "auction starts on xxxx date" while other say "acquiring name". Does it means that those which have atleast 1 bid were already acquired by snapnames while those where I was ONLY & FIRST bidder its acquiring the name for me ???

If thats the case, should I always bid on a domain as early as possible so that Snapnames can acquire it for me OR should wait till "order by" deadline and order it last minute. The advantage of ordering last minute is that if I bid it early then the domain gets highlighted and more domainers bid on it increasing the competition. Please advise.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Available soon" means they are still in redemption status (can be claimed by previous owner but get your backorder in now if you want it. and "Expiring soon" are typically in Pending delete and will drop. More urgency there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom