Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed DisposableDVD.com and plural version

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tmrich

After reading this article on CNN.com,

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/11/22/bond.dvd/index.html

it looks like there is a possibility in the future for one time view dvd's which would eliminate late fees for consumers and can be purchased anywhere such as a gas station. Although there are a few terms describing this new technology, Disposable DVD is a term that comes up on about 90 websites on google when typing in "Disposable DVD" with the italics. "Disposable dvd" is also searched for 30 times on overture. I have a feeling that this search term could rise in the future if the technology becomes mainstream. I picked up the singular and plural of this name. Tell me what you think. Thanks

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice one(s)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the conservation angle...

reusableDVD.com
reusableDVDs.com

Both available :cool:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tmrich
After reading this article on CNN.com,

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/11/22/bond.dvd/index.html

it looks like there is a possibility in the future for one time view dvd's which would eliminate late fees for consumers and can be purchased anywhere such as a gas station. Although there are a few terms describing this new technology, Disposable DVD is a term that comes up on about 90 websites on google when typing in "Disposable DVD" with the italics. "Disposable dvd" is also searched for 30 times on overture. I have a feeling that this search term could rise in the future if the technology becomes mainstream. I picked up the singular and plural of this name. Tell me what you think. Thanks

As you know..... "We4c.com" the problems with "disposabledvds".

Millions of metric tons of waste,lost income for late returns
(20% of Blockbuster income). Chemical reactions and Hollywood's
non acceptance of this product.
I caught wind of this last month, decided ..."NoFuture"
Besides, the movie rental and sales biz would have domination
anyway. Same with the disposable cell phone idea.

value=regg fee
Sorry

T

tmrich

Those are all valid points and I did read some of those concerns when researching the new technology. As far as waste, i'm sure if some type of recycling program was setup for the dvds, it could reduce these amounts considering we use up so many soda bottles each year and recycle these. Plus there is the success of the disposable camera. Although I am no expert in the video industry, I would think late fees would effect rental stores not the actual studios so it wouldn't be a detriment to the studios to go this route. My thoughts are all speculation at this point. I really could see myself picking up a disposable dvd in the future late at night in the checkout line at a gas station. Finally, these disks have been used for the new James Bond movie and they were used during the Latin America MTV music awards for some promotional material so there may be some interest but all your points are valid and may need to be worked out.

T

tmrich

Maybe I'll just get some traffic from the biggest dvd failure in history since divx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators