• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed DisposableDVD.com and plural version

  • Thread starter Thread starter tmrich
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tmrich

Guest
After reading this article on CNN.com,

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/11/22/bond.dvd/index.html

it looks like there is a possibility in the future for one time view dvd's which would eliminate late fees for consumers and can be purchased anywhere such as a gas station. Although there are a few terms describing this new technology, Disposable DVD is a term that comes up on about 90 websites on google when typing in "Disposable DVD" with the italics. "Disposable dvd" is also searched for 30 times on overture. I have a feeling that this search term could rise in the future if the technology becomes mainstream. I picked up the singular and plural of this name. Tell me what you think. Thanks
 
Don't forget the conservation angle...

reusableDVD.com
reusableDVDs.com

Both available :cool:
 
Originally posted by tmrich
After reading this article on CNN.com,

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/11/22/bond.dvd/index.html

it looks like there is a possibility in the future for one time view dvd's which would eliminate late fees for consumers and can be purchased anywhere such as a gas station. Although there are a few terms describing this new technology, Disposable DVD is a term that comes up on about 90 websites on google when typing in "Disposable DVD" with the italics. "Disposable dvd" is also searched for 30 times on overture. I have a feeling that this search term could rise in the future if the technology becomes mainstream. I picked up the singular and plural of this name. Tell me what you think. Thanks

As you know..... "We4c.com" the problems with "disposabledvds".

Millions of metric tons of waste,lost income for late returns
(20% of Blockbuster income). Chemical reactions and Hollywood's
non acceptance of this product.
I caught wind of this last month, decided ..."NoFuture"
Besides, the movie rental and sales biz would have domination
anyway. Same with the disposable cell phone idea.

value=regg fee
Sorry
 
Those are all valid points and I did read some of those concerns when researching the new technology. As far as waste, i'm sure if some type of recycling program was setup for the dvds, it could reduce these amounts considering we use up so many soda bottles each year and recycle these. Plus there is the success of the disposable camera. Although I am no expert in the video industry, I would think late fees would effect rental stores not the actual studios so it wouldn't be a detriment to the studios to go this route. My thoughts are all speculation at this point. I really could see myself picking up a disposable dvd in the future late at night in the checkout line at a gas station. Finally, these disks have been used for the new James Bond movie and they were used during the Latin America MTV music awards for some promotional material so there may be some interest but all your points are valid and may need to be worked out.
 
Maybe I'll just get some traffic from the biggest dvd failure in history since divx!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom