• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Diyfuneral.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
20
Curious your thoughts on this one.

DIYFuneral.com

Do It Yoursel Funeral, Getting more popular these days.
 
Very nice! Hard to put a pricetag on it though. I don't see any adsense links at google for "diy funeral" yet.
 
is it.. I never heard of a Do It Yourself Funeral
 
I don't see much value in this name other than reg fee
 
it is funny
i'd say make a joke site out of it
$100 max
 
Hi,
Looks good. 10/10 for originality! The main problem is most people don't plan their own deaths! :brushteeth:
There are of course millions that do, terminally ill & elderley people. (i know is not very nice subject matter, but in Engand the saying is where there's muck, there's brass!)
On a serious note though, when the elderley go into nursing homes, the government takes all their money for care, very often what they've accumalated in a lifetime can be eaten up inside a year. Many people see it a pointless waste of a few thousand for a traditional funeral. That's if they've got it. There are rapidly growing businesses doing woodland funerals, even cardboard coffins! Do some more research. This domain has potential. It doesnt have to be regfee or a joke site. You would need to DEVELOP it though. So many domains have big potential & need to be developed. Some will say you need to spend thousands. You don't. Hard work & vision count for more. Good Luck, Guy :greensmilewinkgrin:
 
Dont like the name, doesnt feel right. Disrespectful sorta, not sure i just dont like it.

DIY is too similar to DIE
 
creative but I dont see much commercial value in it to be honest. The last thing someone wants to do is DYI when it comes to sorting out funeral arrangements.
 
Funny place the internet, isn't it? It brings all continents together and lets you see other countries take on things.

I think this is an excellent name and i'm with guy0102 on this one. Here in the UK, this is a market in its infancy and will grow stronger by the year. Judging by the comments of other posters, it has not even begun in their respective countries, but it will.

At present, to some, it is down to personalisation, (because this is the road they want to take) to others (the majority in the future) it will be down to cost as it saves them a small fortune.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/relationships/coping_with_grief/practicalissues_diyfuneral.shtml

I like it. I just regd the uk and was disappointed to see the plural has already been taken.

Pardon the pun, but this isn't a dying market, it's just getting started


.
 
creatively name..
Will you going to develop it ?
 
Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

I registered this domain because I believe times are changing. Some People no longer want to burden their family with unexpected funeral costs, funeral planning, etc.

Some people might look at this domain as offensive. I am in this business for money. plain and simple.

for Argument sake, I could argue im offering the deceased persons family a service because they can spend their time mourning their loss and spend it with their loved ones instead of having the burden of planning a Funeral.

As well death is a BOOMING business, the increase of dying people per year is staggering.

I am currently planning developement of this domain.
 
well, there is a big difference in planning your own funeral and doing the funeral yourself, I agree its a crative name, value is more in the business idea than the name here I believe.
 
well, there is a big difference in planning your own funeral and doing the funeral yourself, I agree its a crative name, value is more in the business idea than the name here I believe.


I agree.. As times might be changing, I can't see it getting to a point where majority of the people, or even almost majority of the people in the world will start doing the funerals themselves.

Theres enough stress as it is, just going through the process with the people whose doing it for you.
 
Nice converstation starter.


The "deathcare" business is booming worldwide.

I like this one - maybe a 'before you go' portal for soldiers, eldery, terminal, or just people who plan ahead. The term DIY is well understood in the US and OVT w/o ext. for 'funeral' 7/2006 is 60,298 (BTW 'funeral home' OVT w/o ext is 382,212 !!!)

Appraisal : high xxx - low x,xxx .
 
Seems we are of few in agreement. thanks for the appraisal and thoughts, pretty much identical to my thought process.



Nice converstation starter.


The "deathcare" business is booming worldwide.

I like this one - maybe a 'before you go' portal for soldiers, eldery, terminal, or just people who plan ahead. The term DIY is well understood in the US and OVT w/o ext. for 'funeral' 7/2006 is 60,298 (BTW 'funeral home' OVT w/o ext is 382,212 !!!)

Appraisal : high xxx - low x,xxx .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom