• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed DNEX.com, Domain Name Exchange Value?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNEX

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

We are interested in your thoughts as to the value of DNEX.

DNEX: Domain Name Exchange

DNEX is the most fitting acronym for the premier secondary market for domain names, since most exchanges are known by their acronyms (e.g., NASDAQ, NYSE, COMEX, FOREX).

DNEX- US Trademark protected in 3 classes:

IC 035. US 100 101 102.
G & S: domain name auctioneering via a global computer network.

IC 036. US 100 101 102.
G & S: domain name brokerage via a global computer network.

IC 042. US 100 101.
G & S: registration of domain names for identification of users on a global computer network.

Serial Number 75920412

In your opinion, how much should we be asking for the domain names (see below) and the legal transfer of the trademark?

DNEX.com
DNEX.org
DNEX.net
DNEX.biz

Thanks,
Mark
 
Thanks.
We have it listed at Afternic and Sedo for $39,800, used to have a much higher price. Last year we rec'd a couple of offers at $4000 but that's it. We are trying to move this.
 
To be honest, it's a "domainer's domain", 95% of the people interested would be so in order to create a rival to sedo and afternic. Unless one of those motivated buyers really wants it, I don't think it's worth more than $3,000. If you wanted to play hardball you could probably one day get as much as $10 to 15 thousand, but I think that is the high est.
Good luck with it, hope you get even higher :)
 
I tend to agree with PicassoFace on this one.
 
I appreciate the comments. I agree that the ultimate buyer would be a domainer, which I once was. I conceived DNEX in 1999, had a basic site up for a while, but never put significant investment into the idea. I've always believed that the brandability of DNEX is excellent.

I do, however, think it will yield higher than $3k (an offer on Afternic last year at $4k was declined). Also, the included registered trademarks are not insignificant add-ons.

Thanks again. Additional comments welcome.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom