Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Dnf Whining Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'v started this link so that all moans about paying for membership of the <u>glorious DNF</u> can be posted here. not on the PLATINUM link, so go ahead!

Upvote 0

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by parwold
I'v started this link so that all moans about paying for membership of the <u>glorious DNF</u> can be posted here. not on the PLATINUM link, so go ahead!

:D whoops glorious DNF should have been underlined :D

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Underlining is only in Silver Membership :laugh:

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Underlining is only in Silver Membership :laugh:
:sad: That lets me out then! :sad:

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:razz:

I hope upgrating to platinum lets me delete my posts. Like this one.

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeh RJ I saw it to

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not much whinning goin' on here is there! obviously everyones happy on DNF

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
02-12-2003, The day DnForum.com died.
Thanks for your support :weird:

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nah most people who dont like something just leave,lol probably went to antoher board

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well I guess that leaves the faithful and the fence-sitters. since this is the whining thread, i don't expect the faithful to post. In fact, hey GrateDomains , no fair raining on our demonstration - you told us to go somewhere else...

I am not a penny pincher and I don't mind paying for valuable resources - I am just annoyed at the way the whole thing has been handled.

Something about GregR's posts complaining about lack of gratitude has not sat well. If you wanted thanks you should have gone into medicine or maybe become a doorman. But expecting anything except higher expectations on an internet site is just unrealistic. After all, we have all come to expect to get everything for free in return for our continuing presence - even in this post-boom economy. And when things go paid we resent it, whether that is a reasonable attitude or not.

Which is not to say that I don't appreciate what GregR has done with the site, or the incredible amount of $$ it must be taking. I guess I am just immature enough to resent being told I should be greatful. :yes: And I think that this whole thing is a marketing professional's "how not to" example.

So, put me on the fence for now. I'll probably jump in, but I am just immature enough to wait until the last possible minute. :yes:

Gail

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This blows...

Maybe I'll give domainstate a try. Or maybe I should start buying forums in every niche and become RICH.... :confused:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gail
In fact, hey GrateDomains , no fair raining on our demonstration - you told us to go somewhere else...

:cry:

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains

:cry:

Oh no - I made him cry...:embarrass...I'm sorry :depressed

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr,

How much do you charge for banner advertising? I would rather support dnforum by paying to advertise a few of my sites...

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr,

Care to provide details about advertising on dnforum or do you not want us to know how much you are truly earning already?

I figured this post would go unanswered....

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
woohoo: go to the Register link at the very top, and then click the link to change your membership plan.

K

kingdon

I agree with Gail. I think Gregr has done a good thing with this forum, but his intentions are to build a business that makes him money. The way I read some of these people's posts, you'd think he ran into a burning building to save an old lady's cat. And then when the reporter ran up to him, Gregr covered his face and said,"no pictures please, I'm just a hero, I only did this because it was the right thing to do".

Gregr I don't see people paying $49 a year for this, just don't see it. Maybe the guys who are getting good deals on $1 auctions. I think this might have worked if there was a larger group, but we're to small. I always knew there would be some charge somewhere someday, no matter how loud the "Gregr does this for you" drum echoed in the posts of certain butt kissers.

If you want to charge, give something more than what you and others offer for free. I like your forum, but for $49 I'll hang around DomainState, and chances are so will a lot of others that you worked hard to bring here. If anything, owning this forum has made you a domain guru, brought you into many great deals, exposed you to great new ideas and countless industry secrets. Memberships might be a good idea, but your timing is off. You start charging admission when there's to many names to auction, not when people are walking away from the auctions.

oneguy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
I got news for the whiners. No matter what method was used to cover expenses, you guys would have showed up in full force whining and crying.

Hi Gregr,

Truthfully, I think this is sad but true. Whatever decision has been made, there will be dissatisfied people around. Like it says, you CAN'T please everyone.

I cannot question the amount of effort you have placed in getting this forum to what it is today ... you have my admiration for that ... but sadly, these will be the last days for me on DnForum - it has taught me a great deal, valuable lessons no doubt but I personally don't think I could convince myself to pay $50 for to join a forum .. I run a forum myself, though on a much smaller scale with only about 550+ mmember, and I do spent alot of time and energy trying out new stuff on it but to impose a membership would not be on my list.

Anyhow, Gregr ... this IS YOUR FORUM - hence decisions you make must be respected. I thank you for providing me with such a wonderful resource for the past months and thank everyone whom have contributed to me in one way or the other, to all those whom have given me wonderful sleepless night reading and digesting all the various threads in the forum... thank you. There's a wealth of information here that has done me alot of good. Once again, thank you for a wonderful time.

PS - I'll hang around for as long as its allowed ... no doubt I will keep trying to convince myself that $50 is worth paying .... maybe someday when I'm convinced that forums would NOT be a free resource .. I'll come back and foot the bill ... but for now, its GOOD-BYE .... it has been short ... but well worth the experience.

DNForum.Com ...... I'll miss you .....<SMUCK>

Lots of Well Wishes ... ONEGUY, singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom