Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DNForum Sale Listed in DNJournal Top 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you guys may not know, when you type anything on address bar and press Ctrl-Enter, IE & Firefox add prefix "www" and suffix ".com" to that. So, if educated a little bit, surfers can just type in Chinese word and press Ctrl-Enter.

Also when type word and press enter, Firefox goes to the first site of Google's search results, which oftenly it's that word + .com.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
you guys may not know, when you type anything on address bar and press Ctrl-Enter, IE & Firefox add prefix "www" and suffix ".com" to that. So, if educated a little bit, surfers can just type in Chinese word and press Ctrl-Enter.

Also when type word and press enter, Firefox goes to the first site of Google's search results, which oftenly it's that word + .com.

This is one of the many arguments used by those that favour dot com over ccTLDs for IDN speculation. Nice but not mission critical!

Rubber Duck

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think both idn can do well for both ctld and com. Most countries reserve city/state names for their ctld, so city.com will be more valuable since there's no alternative.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
richard said:

Hi Richard,
I have not been online, and out at meetings all morning. I will not be back online until I get off work tonight about 8pm e.s.t. Regarding the opinion on the value of IDN tokyo.com...there is a thread at IDNF from a week or so ago for starters.

Are you aware that bogota.com (Columbia) sold for $165,000 last year? You hardly see city domains come up for sale. They are very rare...check out dallas.com, newyork.com, miami.com and imagine what kind of revenue these guys are making off the advertising alone.

Why would you not think that a dotcom city domain, especially one for a city the size of Tokyo, with 12,000,000 population (as large as New York City) would not be worth more than bogota.com??

I think you would find that there are buyers for Tokyo dot com that would buy it in the price range we have gathered from industry veterans. Feel free and try to get the seller of tokyo.com (idn) to put it up for auction...hint: its already been tried.

In the meantime have you published your "thoughts" and "sources" on the future of idning and why it may never happen? Or did I catch you agreeing in one of your earlier statements that it is inevitable to happen.
I think it was a few threads behind the one where you said that IDN tokyo.com was probably not worth $200. Of course that continues to show your lack of market knowledge since dozens of smaller Japanese cities had ALREADY changed hands during February on in the xxx to xxxx range. So how could you surmise that tokyo.com is worth less? Yesterday, 2 Japanese prefectures sold at $2,500 each.

Richard- are you the same Richard that published this here at DNF on
1-2-06. Seems like you have already qualified who we are dealing with here.

QUOTE BY "RICHARD":
I am the Rich Jerk!
All you people are just losers and will NEVER become
a real jerk like me. I make millions every day and you
don't It's as simple as that!
..and don't waste anymore of my time by using my
name in vain on these disgusting forums!!! (remember,
I AM VERY important, make lots of millions, and am
way too busy for this).
Rich Jerk

p.s. Oh, and make sure you buy my e-book. It's really
good.. much better than you.
END QUOTE BY RICHARD

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/anyone-know-about-rich-jerk-thread-123982.html

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I make millions every day and you don't It's as simple as that!

Is this a typo? How many people on this earth makes millions every day?

richard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Bill/Touchring

He he. Good to hear from you.

Yes, that was me! (you wouldn't be
trying to undermine me now would
you Bill? :)). I realise what you have
posted looks odd, especially as you
have quoted me out of context, but
the thread was just a bit of fun,
nothing to do with domain names;
they call it humour over here in the
uk, but quite honestly I can't see me
doing that again in this forum.

But anyway, we'll have our own fun
here, ya hear? I will post my questions
to you tomorrow if thats ok with you;
it will be very interesting for me to
know some of the thinking that has
gone into this sale, and I know other
'would-be' speculators would apprec.
the inside 'skinny' too.

Take care, will post tomorrow.

Richard

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
richard said:
Hi Bill/Touchring

He he. Good to hear from you.

Yes, that was me! (you wouldn't be
trying to undermine me now would
you Bill? :)). I realise what you have
posted looks odd, especially as you
have quoted me out of context, but
the thread was just a bit of fun,
nothing to do with domain names;
they call it humour over here in the
uk, but quite honestly I can't see me
doing that again in this forum.

But anyway, we'll have our own fun
here, ya hear? I will post my questions
to you tomorrow if thats ok with you;
it will be very interesting for me to
know some of the thinking that has
gone into this sale, and I know other
'would-be' speculators would apprec.
the inside 'skinny' too.

Take care, will post tomorrow.

Richard

:)

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
touchring said:

I am getting bored with being abused and interogatted by this half-wit. I am British and I have no idea of what he is talking about when he professes to humourous. Anyone, help out here? Come fellow Brits I know humour can be specific to background or region, but frankly I am at a complete loss here?

Rubber Duck

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck said:
I am getting bored with being abused and interogatted by this half-wit. I am British and I have no idea of what he is talking about when he professes to humourous. Anyone, help out here? Come fellow Brits I know humour can be specific to background or region, but frankly I am at a complete loss here?

Rubber Duck

This definitely isn't Monty Python.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow this exploded.

Glad I missed the boat on IDN domains, seems like a tough neighborhood...lol

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Richard-
I am personally not interested in communicating with you any more. Anyone that has read this thread can see that you are nothing more than an immature manipulator.

Your earlier post (I am the rich jerk Jan 02) just points up that you are not here to learn or share, just 'jerk' people off. My comments are certainly not "taken out of context" as your implied. I posted ALL of your words, and the thread link is there if anyone is interested. Game over for you. You have no credibility with anyone here.

richard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh ok Bill,

Pity you didn't want to share your
reasons for buying that .net with
us, anyway the very best of luck
with it...

Regards

Richard

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
richard said:
Oh ok Bill,

Pity you didn't want to share your
reasons for buying that .net with
us, anyway the very best of luck
with it...

Regards

Richard

To be frank, i would have bought it if i had sufficient Paypal balance, to say it in an ugly way - Dave sold it too cheap.

As for the .com, it would have been impossible for a non-japanese to buy that domain. You can try offering $100,000 to the japan registrant of tokyo.com and see if he would sell you the domain - we can do that as an experiment.

Chances are that he would never sell that domain to a non-japanese, whatever the price...it won't be easy for a British or American to comprehend this kind of mentality.

richard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Touchring,

You seem very genuine, and it looks like
you do want to carry on a constructive
discussion here. But to be frank, there
is little to discuss now; this thread was
originally about the domain that Bill had
purchased and, as he now does not want
to talk any more about that purchase, I
think we should now let this thread lie.

...or else you can simply continue with it
as a pro idn.com thread? (I know I won't
be able to learn anymore about idn.com
here).

Anyway, whatever you wish to do...

Regards

Richard

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bwhhisc said:
Richard-
I am personally not interested in communicating with you any more. Anyone that has read this thread can see that you are nothing more than an immature manipulator.

Your earlier post (I am the rich jerk Jan 02) just points up that you are not here to learn or share, just 'jerk' people off. My comments are certainly not "taken out of context" as your implied. I posted ALL of your words, and the thread link is there if anyone is interested. Game over for you. You have no credibility with anyone here.

Bill,

You won't be familiar with the UK Government's Policy of "Care in the Community". Over 10 years ago we closed down many of the Mental Health Institutions in this country, and let a lot of in the inmates fend for themselves in Society. It has, by and large, been very successful improving quality of life for many and saving the tax payer lots of money. You must, however, expect the odd isolated local difficulty.

Rubber Duck

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck said:
Bill,

You won't be familiar with the UK Government's Policy of "Care in the Community". Over 10 years ago we closed down many of the Mental Health Institutions in this country, and let a lot of in the inmates fend for themselves in Society. It has, by and large, been very successful improving quality of life for many and saving the tax payer lots of money. You must, however, expect the odd isolated local difficulty.

Rubber Duck

Gosh, just yesterday, i read on the papers about a UK prisoner killed a fellow inmate, eat his liver and eye, and they were asking why that guy wasn't staying in the mental hospital.

:-O

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck said:
Bill,

Rubber Duck

Now THIS is Black Adder!

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
vtrader said:
Now THIS is Black Adder!

Well perhaps, but who on Earth would we cast as Baldrick or Prince George for that matter?

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rubber Duck said:
Well perhaps, but who on Earth would we cast as Baldrick or Prince George for that matter?

Perhaps this will help?

Blackadder: Give the likes of Baldrick the vote and we'll be back to cavorting druids, death by stoning and dung for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators