Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do people actually buy from here

Status
Not open for further replies.

laskos

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do people actually buy names from here, as i have been a member now for a month or 2 and i have replied to variouse people wanting names, but i never see anyone saying they have bought names from here or is this just a glorified showcase section.

It would interested in what feeback i get ;)

Thanks all

Paul ( Laskos )

Http://www.theForums.info

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Laskos - I have sold more than 200 names here - and bought another 50 or so. All of the deals were either here at the forum - or a direct result of listings (or connections) made here. So the system definitely works - for those who are willing to sacrifice food and sleep. :)

However - there are 2 things to keep in mind.....

1) You will not get retail & end-user prices from a crowd of other resellers.

2) The 'domains for sale' section is where most of the action takes place. The 'domains wanted' section DOES produce sales too - but it's a completely different type of situation - and one that members need to help out with more - by monitoring their own threads. You can see a 'sticky' post at the top of that section that I made a week or two ago before retiring. That section is more of a member controlled section than the regular sales area. I've yet to see any reasonable solution to the points that have been made about it - but we are always willing to listen to ideas.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
....but we are always willing to listen to ideas.

oops...... that should have said "they" are willing to listen to ideas. Not "we".

I'm retired now - and I don't work here anymore. I'm just a regular dude! :)

laskos

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I see your point. but as you must understand, i am a newbie and have been on here for a month now. I was just speaking my mind ;) i understand what you are saying, and yes the wanted section is in my opinion aswell a bad forum and does need seriouse looking at, but my comments earlier about having cutoff dates is i think the best solution.

I will be upgrading soon when i get paid so i will see for myself if the system works for me or not ;)

thanks

Paul Laskos

http://www.theForums.info

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand completely Paul - and you make a valid point.

It's nice to see you care enough to contribute - and take the time to suggest things that you feel will make the forum better for everybody. That's always a good thing. Good luck with your sales and your upgrade. :)

laskos

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why thank you kind sir.....free drinks at the bar for you ;)

I have started my own forums board using ikboard 3.1.1 and because i know how to use that board and what functions it can and cant do i feel this board can be improved. but they are my views as i would never try and tell anyone how to suck eggs as this board is well run and well setup, just a few things that could be improved.

Still need people to visit my board :D

Thanks

Paul ( Laskos )

http://www.theforums.info

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
I'm just a regular dude! :)

No you ain't, Popper ... you're special (Ok ok, now I'm misting up again). Great to see your posts! :D
See you.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am having problems after sending a pm it does not show pm sent & it does not show message tracking ? It is not just with one member. Same problem with all pm's I send ? Anyone know the problem ?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is no longer the default, you have to set it in your control panel.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Giant,
I am unable to find that option in my CP ?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me too. I guess you have to save the ones you want by checking the following box with each message:

Save a copy: Also save a copy in the 'Sent Items' folder.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wonder what happened ? It just changed recently:confused:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

laskos

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi

Well seen as i started this topic i would like to end it. Here is an idea for the moderators.

When a person starts a thread and have found what they are looking for they should finished the thread by giving it a title

!!!! TOPIC ANSWERED !!!!

So the moderators know that they can delete the whole thread.

then the moderators should have a default 60 day cut ff period so if the thread never gets a TOPIC ANSWERED title the board setting should automatically delelte it.

So moderators...

You can delete this ;) and can you pm me if you think it is a good idea.

Laskos

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by laskos !!!! TOPIC ANSWERED !!!! So the moderators know that they can delete the whole thread.....Laskos

It's not a good idea to delete threads on forums as one of the great values of a forum is its archives of old posts, especially useful for searches and refeference.

I agree about threads being closed after X number of weeks or months but never deleted as you suggest.

laskos

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ok then have a wanted section and an history wanted section so after xx amount of days move the threads into the wanted history section. that way the wanted adds is fresh and if people wanna see the history they can goto the History wanted section.

:)

laskos

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i am sure this board has a system or can get a hack to automatically move threads to a history wanted section.

I will look for one for the board moderators myself ;0

I will go hunting.

laskos

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom