Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Do you know Pool.com and Snapname.com member 'halvarez'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IT Web Team said:
huh?:undecided

I meant 'halvarez' is in every auction today on snapnames.
'bonkers' is only in 30%

Sorry for the confusion

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snapnames has confirmed to me that several of the big players are using snipe bidding software to circumvent the proxy bidding process, and that they approve of it. The people you are talking about may be fast asleep while the software incriments the bids all day long.

This also explains why they extend auctions a full day if things get slow at auction close time -- the big bidders need to reset their sniping software.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Snapnames has confirmed to me that several of the big players are using snipe bidding software to circumvent the proxy bidding process, and that they approve of it. The people you are talking about may be fast asleep while the software incriments the bids all day long.

This also explains why they extend auctions a full day if things get slow at auction close time -- the big bidders need to reset their sniping software.

hmmmmm

i got an email last week from 'snap' complaining about "me" bidding on names in the last few minutes.

my reply was...."hey, that's how some of the other bidders are beating me out on domains"

their reply....."no one is beating you out this way, with last minute bids"

yeah right!

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon - Everyone bids at the last minute.
They are mad because their automated system can't bid you up enough.
They want to make as much money as possible from every customer.
They';; let you win when the bid is dollars from your high bid.
At least Pool and snap add minutes to eliminate sniping.
TDNAM.com and ebay.com make me cry. :[

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
hmmmmm

i got an email last week from 'snap' complaining about "me" bidding on names in the last few minutes.

my reply was...."hey, that's how some of the other bidders are beating me out on domains"

their reply....."no one is beating you out this way, with last minute bids"

yeah right!

Could you post that email? I'd like to see that. They add 5 minutes every time there is an outbid, so there really is no such thing as a 'last minute bid'. I have seen the automated bidding bots from certain big players wait till the last minute extending the bidding to an hour or more, so if that's complaint-worthy, I have many many complaints to file ;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The whole process seems extremely shady to me, I have a feeling Pool, Snapnames and others all have their "OWN" bidders in there with us...and if we don't bid over them? Well, simply extend the auction until someone does! It's ok we are gonna figure this sh*t out eventually...

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's start our own backorder website. Who's with me?

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im in with you Rare.
I just watched a auction, in which I was the only bidder, just disappear with less than 3 minutes to go.
I can't find anything about this name. It has vanished.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
these services are so corrupt is sick. I don't even bother acquiring names from the drop anymore. I once bid on an excellent domain (at least low $xx,xxx worth). I was the only bidder. With 1 minute to go, what do you know, the name is snatched up. I never even got a chance to enter a bidding process for the name, even though I was one of two bidders on the name. Hmmm.....

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rarethings said:
these services are so corrupt is sick. I don't even bother acquiring names from the drop anymore. I once bid on an excellent domain (at least low $xx,xxx worth). I was the only bidder. With 1 minute to go, what do you know, the name is snatched up. I never even got a chance to enter a bidding process for the name, even though I was one of two bidders on the name. Hmmm.....

I have never had a bad experience with SnapNames, just great service always.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
The whole process seems extremely shady to me, I have a feeling Pool, Snapnames and others all have their "OWN" bidders in there with us...and if we don't bid over them? Well, simply extend the auction until someone does! It's ok we are gonna figure this sh*t out eventually...

I am 99.9% sure that Snapnames is totally legit.

I'm sure Enom operates ethically.

As for Pool, I wouldn't trust them past a $ 60. minimum bid.
The company sticks from the top.

Rob Hall has one goal in life - (I'll leave it there.)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is no conspiracy. if you can hold your ground in an auction and have lots of $$$ to spend daily then you are fine... those that are just getting started and have yet to figure out how the system works or just don't know what to do in certain situations are going to find out the hard way....going to screw up as well. you win some you lose some.

also, some of the comments and/or accusations here brought forward are kind of ridiculous...you guys are hallucinating -- read up the faqs.

lol :cheeky:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the vanishing domain mystery continues today at snapnames.....

mike..you must not be going after the names we are, i.e typos with ovt w/e ratings...they dont let them go that easy and alot of weird things happen, it's reality. Trust me.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
the vanishing domain mystery continues today at snapnames.....

mike..you must not be going after the names we are, i.e typos with ovt w/e ratings...they dont let them go that easy and alot of weird things happen, it's reality. Trust me.

it is not until you show proof... so where is it? i'd like to see some -- and then we can go from there. but without it there is nothing more to discuss, really...this is a waste of time.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we are all making it up :rolleyes:

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"We mock what we don't understand"
Mike03.1", I didn't believe it either, until :

Subject: Pool.COM AUCTIONS EXTENDED for ONE ADDITIONAL DAY
Date: November 29, 2005 2:24:30 PM EST
To: [email protected]
Reply-To: [email protected]
Hello,

We are contacting you because you were a participant in one or more auctions of domains acquired over the past weekend, that were scheduled to close today - November 29, 2005.

We received numerous complaints that you, our customers, were unable to participate in the closing of the auctions. To ensure fairness that all folks were able to participate in the auction until the close we are going to EXTEND the auctions to all current bidders until tomorrow November 30th, 2005.

We apologize for this inconvenience and if you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me. We are working to correct the issue and will re-open the auctions as quickly as possible.

We will also NOTIFY you when we have re-opened the auctions.

If you should have any questions, please contact us.

Regards,
Jamie H
Customer Service
www.pool.com

and this:

Date Document Total
2005-11-30 payment # 214033 ($60.00)
2005-11-30 invoice # 214033 $60.00
2005-11-27 payment # 213462 ($60.00)
2005-11-27 invoice # 213462 $60.00
Previous*Next
Date Document ID Domain Currency Item Price Item Taxes Total
2005-11-30 PYMP-214033 USD $0.00 $0.00 ($60.00)
2005-11-30 INVP-214033 gmaccesories.com USD $60.00 $0.00 $60.00
2005-11-27 PYMP-213462 USD $0.00 $0.00 ($60.00)
2005-11-27 INVP-213462 clevelandcavalers.com USD $60.00 $0.00 $60.00

I have no idea how or why the clevelandcavs typo is there I NEVER backordered it.
I was wrong, as stated in an earlier post.
The domain didn't disappear from my account, I actually won it.
I did win "gmaccesories.com" and was charged for it, but wait ...
what's this???? another credit....... poof....... huh?
no outbidding, no sniping, just vanished like fart in the wind.

those that are just getting started and have yet to figure out how the system works
And to think, I'm just a newbie to this, one week in and this is how things are done. I'm starting to see how the "system" works. I'm sure there are better rape stories out there.
If anyone needs more proof there is something shady going on, you are either in la la land or you work for Pool.com

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, i don't understand a thing about those names you mention, but anyway.. it is not my job to figure this out or provide an explanation. i could careless...really...and pool often does have server problems where pages are slow to load and there is lots of lag while the auctions are closing....so they extended it for an extra day -- makes sense. no?

pool is not my favorite drop catcher either but their service has been good, so speaking from my own experience i am satisfied. snap is much better of course but then again nobody is perfect. if you feel like you might be getting ripped off or getting something for more or not enough of or don't like em or whatever then don't use em, simple... you have options :)

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the auction extension was not fair. Me and many others was smart and bid several hours before auction end. Now those which think the bid in last minute is best what they can do, which is funny in proxy bidding, was crying. Pool should not extend it, it was the last minute bidders stupidity to bid in last minutes and they should not get any pardon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom