Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Do you know Pool.com and Snapname.com member 'halvarez'

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The extension at pool yesterday caused the price of the domains to double. But they were having server problems yesterday, and today also. I won one today and i was afraid that they were gonna do the same thing again. But they didnt. I got a pretty great name for really cheap. so im happy. But I was hoping i coulve got more, with the massive drops the past week.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, thats why I still got most of the domains which I already won yesterday. Just paid about $1500 more than it would be yesterday. Thanks got I sent them some angry emails, so they did not dare to prolong one more day :)

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was gonna freak out if they did it 2 days in a row. I can't afford it. But you seem to be made of money, I pretty much just quit bidding if i see that your name in the auction denny :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah dude, you gotta watch out for Denny007 he's a HIGH roller :)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can either afford a name or you can't... i don't get it, whats with the complaining? if you have a set budget and target price for a certain name and you get it then you should be happy that you did. you won it... now lets celebrate. :party:

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
Yeah dude, you gotta watch out for Denny007 he's a HIGH roller :)
You'd better watch out for Mocus and his hocus pocus!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I do not overpay, I make average ROI 40~50% on domain investments. No employees, it works itselves. Not bad for a hobby. The problem of low bids is, they are looking for ROI 100 or higher. Of course I got domain with huge ROI xxx~xxxx%, but it was good luck and for me important is the average.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Denny007 and Mike031, you are men amongst boys. I have no ill feelings toward you or any person trying to do the same thing as me.
Can't we all agree that there is "something" going on behind the scenes at Pool.com?
I too won some domains yesterday too, don't know about ROI 40~50%
Can we get back to this thread's purpose?
Does anyone know 'halvarez'? and/or 'bonkers' ?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ROI = Revenue On Investment. Meaning: I buy domain for $1K and it brings me $500 every year on profit, thats ROI 50% (at least in my understanding of meaning of "ROI" term).

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BobDiGiTaL said:
Does anyone know 'halvarez'? and/or 'bonkers' ?

don't know who 'bonkers' is but he/she took my top bid yesterday of $550 and turned it into $1500 purchase (but the odd thing is they didn't enter until the auction was already extended by a last second bid - how did they know?)... they must be buying a bunch!

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
don't know who 'bonkers' is but he/she took my top bid yesterday of $550 and turned it into $1500 purchase (but the odd thing is they didn't enter until the auction was already extended by a last second bid - how did they know?)... they must be buying a bunch!

everybody bids in the last second... this is nothing new. obviously there must of been somebody else besides "bonkers" that bidded up, eventually bonkers won. whats so odd about that? you have the bidding history right there infront of you... put one and two together, this is how the auctions work. :wink:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they don't call him bonkers for nothing :-D

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
everybody bids in the last second... this is nothing new. obviously there must of been somebody else besides "bonkers" that bidded up, eventually bonkers won. whats so odd about that? you have the bidding history right there infront of you... put one and two together, this is how the auctions work. :wink:

i understand most bidding occurs in the last seconds, but when new bidders join long after the auction is extended it seems odd.

look at it this way if the other party had not bid the domain auction would have been closed, so the only reason bunkers got involved was after others had extended the auction in the first place.

now maybe bonkers had placed a last second bid, but because others did as well theirs wasn't enough to show up ... but the fact that an auction was set to end at 3:10 pm and the big hitter doesn't even show a bid until 3:32 it makes me wonder.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:
i understand most bidding occurs in the last seconds, but when new bidders join long after the auction is extended it seems odd.

look at it this way if the other party had not bid the domain auction would have been closed, so the only reason bunkers got involved was after others had extended the auction in the first place.

now maybe bonkers had placed a last second bid, but because others did as well theirs wasn't enough to show up ... but the fact that an auction was set to end at 3:10 pm and the big hitter doesn't even show a bid until 3:32 it makes me wonder.

makes you wonder what?

i do this all the time as well, i place my bids just as the auction closes.... literally seconds before it does. i don't use any software or anything like that, everything is done manually. i am sure this is what many others do as well...it makes sense if you think about it.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BobDiGiTaL said:
"We mock what we don't understand"
Mike03.1", I didn't believe it either, until :

Subject: Pool.COM AUCTIONS EXTENDED for ONE ADDITIONAL DAY
Date: November 29, 2005 2:24:30 PM EST
To: [email protected]
Reply-To: [email protected]
Hello,

We are contacting you because you were a participant in one or more auctions of domains acquired over the past weekend, that were scheduled to close today - November 29, 2005.

We received numerous complaints that you, our customers, were unable to participate in the closing of the auctions. To ensure fairness that all folks were able to participate in the auction until the close we are going to EXTEND the auctions to all current bidders until tomorrow November 30th, 2005.

We apologize for this inconvenience and if you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me. We are working to correct the issue and will re-open the auctions as quickly as possible.

We will also NOTIFY you when we have re-opened the auctions.

If you should have any questions, please contact us.

Regards,
Jamie H
Customer Service
www.pool.com

and this:

Date Document Total
2005-11-30 payment # 214033 ($60.00)
2005-11-30 invoice # 214033 $60.00
2005-11-27 payment # 213462 ($60.00)
2005-11-27 invoice # 213462 $60.00
Previous*Next
Date Document ID Domain Currency Item Price Item Taxes Total
2005-11-30 PYMP-214033 USD $0.00 $0.00 ($60.00)
2005-11-30 INVP-214033 gmaccesories.com USD $60.00 $0.00 $60.00
2005-11-27 PYMP-213462 USD $0.00 $0.00 ($60.00)
2005-11-27 INVP-213462 clevelandcavalers.com USD $60.00 $0.00 $60.00

I have no idea how or why the clevelandcavs typo is there I NEVER backordered it.
I was wrong, as stated in an earlier post.
The domain didn't disappear from my account, I actually won it.
I did win "gmaccesories.com" and was charged for it, but wait ...
what's this???? another credit....... poof....... huh?
no outbidding, no sniping, just vanished like fart in the wind.

those that are just getting started and have yet to figure out how the system works
And to think, I'm just a newbie to this, one week in and this is how things are done. I'm starting to see how the "system" works. I'm sure there are better rape stories out there.
If anyone needs more proof there is something shady going on, you are either in la la land or you work for Pool.com

POOL did EXACTLY the same thing to me -- got a notice I had "WON" a name I had never heard of and did not want. It had NEVER been in my 'Watch List', and I never backordered it or anything close to it. Pool said I had backordered it a month early, and gavce an exact date and time. My account had not been hacked, but the really interesting part is that at that date and time, I was standing on top of a Mayan temple in the back-country of Guatemala (where the current Survivor show was taped), with about 30 friends I was traveling with. I'm on several videos and dozens of photos if they want proof -- and there was no internet access within a day's drive on dirt roads. They STILL wanted to argue it with me until I demanded to knopw the IP address the bogus backorder was placed from. They refused, but agreed to give me a "credit" but no refund. This was a clear case of fraud by Pool.com.

Live video clip of me at auction close:

http://daleporter.com/i/keyboard.jpg

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will there ever be days like the 29th and 30th, again ?

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never seen anything like that before, but ive only been doing this 6 months. I really wonder what happened to the owner of the names. Maybe he got sued, or died, or got sued then had a heartattack :)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gdubz said:
I never seen anything like that before, but ive only been doing this 6 months. I really wonder what happened to the owner of the names. Maybe he got sued, or died, or got sued then had a heartattack :)

Nameking= domainsponsor
they let go theyre portfolio off TM-d domains so they could be in better positsion for defending other domains in URDP. Or some kind court order ..etc..

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators