• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Do you still hand reg names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
150
Just want to get an idea of what people are doing.
Do you mostly buy domains from other domainers,
or hand reg new names? For anyone who still registers
new names, what do you look for in general?
Anyone having success with new names registered
in the last year or so, etc.
 
I hand reg. names just about every day.
I dont look for anything specific. Yesterday I hand reg'd 2 game related domains. Today none.
Last week I probably hand reg'd 20-30.
Some of the names get no traffic and sometimes I'll hit one that gets ok traffic or even good traffic and monetizes well.
I have sold a lot of my hand reg'd names over the past year. I would say more of my sales of hand reg'd names this year were from names I hand reg'd last year though.
 
Still hand reg names in the .com .net .org and .info extensions. Have noticed a slow but steady increase in general consumer acceptance of .infos. Primarily look for overture numbers of 100 to several thousand per day acknowledging that the dot com is king and is going to get the majority of searches on the smaller overture numbers but good key words in any extension with SEO will produce results also. Also recently took advantage of the 20free domains offer under the .be exchange and picked up some single and double key words and dictionary names.
 
I hand reg almost every day and it's 95% .com
There are still good names available: 2-word combos or brandable names.
There are also interesting names dropping.
 
of 10 domains I get in a time period, 9 are hand regs.
I find it worthwile.
 
I hand reg only typo names.
 
yes, i do.. typos , and some fresh for portal development.

:-)
 
hand reg everyday, i try to limit myself but they are so easy to buy :P
 
I hang reg domains mostly , Trying to find a domain which is earning revenue . The domains I usually reg do have traffic but unfortunately I am not able to monetize them . Only 3 hand reg I have done are earning me money , another one I sold for 500$ .

Yesterday I regged 17 domains and got 80 visitors already but with no clicks . I can easily build portfolio with alot alot of traffic but no click lol.
 
i m gr8 said:
I hang reg domains mostly , Trying to find a domain which is earning revenue . The domains I usually reg do have traffic but unfortunately I am not able to monetize them . Only 3 hand reg I have done are earning me money , another one I sold for 500$ .

Yesterday I regged 17 domains and got 80 visitors already but with no clicks . I can easily build portfolio with alot alot of traffic but no click lol.


Maybe its not real traffic then? I mean some kind scripts traffic generating overture results but they really don´t convert.
 
The names I registered yesterday were Ovt w/ext names , But i did that just for testing purposes.

Before then I was registering domains based on link pop and they too were getting around 80 visitors per day for around 15- 20 domains without converting .

However I have been able to get 3 domains which are converting , not much but few cents a day .
 
I hand reg most everything... some for traffic, some I develop. There's still some good names out there, since it doesn't take much to make a hand reg profitable.

~2.5 cents/day and you've recovered your cost.
 
I hand reg about a handful a month - mainly in my "niche" geographic area.
 
I also hand reg domains, especially typos and some generics as well
the latest i regged was JamesFray.com typo of Jamesfrey.com, it was interesting to see many results in Google show Fray instead of Frey..this dude is kinda famous these days but its sad to see that he doesnt own the site jamesfrey.com and is totally different site
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom