Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Dodora ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is www.dodora.net trying to do ?

They are a very new ICANN accredited register

They are trying to take over the reseller market by setting prices at $6.95 and offer you registration script for your site - The thing is they haven't got the reputation or back-end of Enom. – also spamming ! including this forum

They are also trying to take over the ccTLD market - Someone from them asked me what my ccTLD reseller prices was because they are currently doing market research for Dodora.

They also might use the registers drop pool 3 threads to catch drops - suggested by their new partnership between them and dropdoctor.com ( Jim Kerr aka NameFox aka Compana LLC )

Marty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe their pricing will help them for a while but when they reach some volumes and all the costs that come with that ( support, hardware, legal, staff, real-time dns, etc), their prices will go up as very few registrars make any profit at $6.95. And if they spam they will be on the hotseat very soon.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
.com and .co.uk are the only ones worth registering

.com $6.95 enom

.co.uk £6.79 123-reg

Not necessarily. Depends who you are.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by comktg
That's my final offer.

I'd encourage you to become a Nominet member for £400 (GBP) and £100 (GBP) per annum. You'd then be able to offer .uk domain names just above cost price (cost price is £5.00 (GBP) per two years).

Work out what you can afford to sell at above this markup. You can definitely do better than $29.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators