Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Does Backordering guarantee domain name or auction?

Nobletwice

Reaction score
Hi,

Talking to Godaddy they say my backorder for a domain name will either get me the name or an auction where I can bid for it. Later when I called snapnames they said that only one company can snatch the name and then there will be an auction between the people with backorders placed with that company.

This conflicting info makes me confused so I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me whats true. Also if there is true that one company wins the drop which companies are worth for me to place backorders with? The domain is on network solutions so I guess snapnames.com would be the most important one.

/Dan

Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All backordering services compete against each other, though some do coop these days.

Usually no matter which service you use, if there are multiple people back ordering the same name an auction will ensue. If you are the only one backordering the name you will get it for your backorder fee. This means that if you want to make sure to catch a name then you have to make backorders at multiple services. Luckily we have a partner that can simplify all that. Namepal runs an aggregated backordering services that will put in your order at multiple places for one fee.

Have a look here:

www.Namepal.com/fetch

Nobletwice

Reaction score
Thanks for your input! I dont fully understand this part:

"Usually no matter which service you use, if there are multiple people back ordering the same name an auction will ensue. If you are the only one backordering the name you will get it for your backorder fee. This means that if you want to make sure to catch a name then you have to make backorders at multiple services. "

Since you write usually It means that I could miss the domain sometimes by only using one backorder company? Also if there is usually an auction what is the upside of using several services?

Thanks also for the namepal suggestion I will check it out.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since you write usually It means that I could miss the domain sometimes by only using one backorder company? Also if there is usually an auction what is the upside of using several services?

Thanks also for the namepal suggestion I will check it out.

Yes very often you will miss a backorder by just using one backordering company.

Its usually closed auctions. So you can only participate in an auction if you already backordered a name at that particular venue.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
some registrars have "partnered" with backorder services
so, if the domain is currently at netsol, then namejet or snap will most likely catch it....depending on the name

imo....

Reaction score
No registry or companies providing backorder facility does not guarantee you will acquire a domain name if you place a backorder.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators