Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

domain appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffb

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm in the midst of a domain dispute, and need a "professional" appraisal so that I have some evidence of the domain's value.

Does anyone know of a credible domain appraiser?

-Jeff

Domain Summit 2024

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Does anyone know of a credible domain appraiser? "

IMHO, no such animal.

You know, reputable jewelers will agree to buy an item for a specified percentage of their appraisal value. I've never seen a "domain appraiser" do the same thing.

Jeffb

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jberryhill
"Does anyone know of a credible domain appraiser? "

IMHO, no such animal.

You know, reputable jewelers will agree to buy an item for a specified percentage of their appraisal value. I've never seen a "domain appraiser" do the same thing.

A domain appraisal based on comparable sales could have "some" relevance.

A comparable sales domain appraisal would have similar relevance to a real estate appraisal of a unique parcel of land. Many of these "white elephant" parcel real estate appraisals don't come close to the actual sales price. The appraiser gives its best estimate of value based on what comparable sales data is available...It's better than nothing.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you need this for a "domain dispute" it seems to me the opposing party could easily blow your "professional appraisal" out of the water by demonstrating that these "appraisals" have a record of being grossly incorrect nearly 100% of the time. There are dozens of experienced domain people right here that would sign an affidavit affirming that in their experience that has been the case.

Jeffb

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
If you need this for a "domain dispute" it seems to me the opposing party could easily blow your "professional appraisal" out of the water by demonstrating that these "appraisals" have a record of being grossly incorrect nearly 100% of the time. There are dozens of experienced domain people right here that would sign an affidavit affirming that in their experience that has been the case.

I'm not arguing with you. All of what you say may be true..I still want an appraisal from the most "credible" source that exists, regardless of how incredible that may be.

Perhaps you should start a new thread to argue the value of a domain appraisal. That topic is not what I intended when starting this thread.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Real estate sales data is generally publically available, and because real estate is taxed there are public assessments of its value.

The idea of "comparable" works well for real estate, but has the opposite result for domain names. If there are twenty different people who have similar domain names, that is a different value situation from one guy who has a hole bunch of variants in one basket.

For example, if "business.com" is worth X, then is "bigbusiness.com" comparable? What about businesses.com - hey that's more than one business, right?

You want to know the value of anything? Put it on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom