Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Domain.com - Account Access Locked

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.

deski2001

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On december 2014 Domain.com emailed me about the invoice of domain privacy renewal on one of my domain, the domain privacy will be expired on 1/2/2015. Since I do not want to pay $10,99 for the privacy, I disabled the domain privacy on the domain hoping that the invoice will be cancelled.

But yesterday on 22 January 2015, Domain.com emailed me saying that my website/domain is down, so I checked it by logging into my domain.com account, but when i logged in, i can not access all my domain in my account because there is one invoice outstanding.

Why does domain.com suspend my access to all my domains because I have not paid for the domain privacy on one of my domain which I have disabled last month ? It is my understanding that if I have not paid for the hosting, then my hosting account will be suspended and if i have not paid for the renewal of my domain, then it is my domain that will be suspended or goes to redemption period and deleted, but to suspend my access to all my domains ? this seems so unfair..

Please need your inputs of what I should do..

Thank you

Last edited:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They may have borrowed a page from Go Daddy and engaged in coercive actions such as forcing privacy renewals along with the domains that have it unless you take some steps prior to the domain renewal, and if you don't you can't renew that domain unless privacy is renewed with it. But it still does not explain why access is being denied for all your domains. Dotster is the real registrar here, ie MyDomain.com, Domain.com and some others are just alter egos. You should deal with Dotster if you like that parent co as a registrar and not with less known registrars/resellers in that group. Not the best registrar by far, and Dotster is notorious for poor support. Since you disabled privacy for that domain in Dec 2014 and the domain privacy was to expire Jan 2, 2015 this should not be happening. Were the domain exp date and the privacy exp date in sync ? some registrars force the two to be in sync but not all, so the two could have different exp dates. No matter what policy Domain.com follows the domain did not have any privacy on its renewal date so you are not delinquent in any way. Email (don't call) Support if you haven't, you need a written response, good luck

talas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this issue resolved? I think after paid for the bill, the account will be back to you.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom