Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domain Escrow service -- what would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use escrow.com for anything over $300 and an unknown buyer (yet to be a buyer via escrow).

I usually split the fee with the other party - and if they are genuine its never a problem - $287.50 is a lot better than a chargeback.

Paypal is ok for dealing with known people, beyond that, even ebay sales require a $25 deduction for disputes.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Rockefeller (on this forum) developed this last year...

It's still being developed. We have a beta version up now but still many, many changes to be done. Should be done within the next few months. It's a lot harder getting this off the ground than it seems, its functional right now but will get better in the future.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's still being developed. We have a beta version up now but still many, many changes to be done. Should be done within the next few months. It's a lot harder getting this off the ground than it seems, its functional right now but will get better in the future.
i see u using that ;) , i thought i would do it with that but now seen you i think i will leave it to you make sure that doesn't have any security holes :cool:

Michael

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like escrow.com for the most part, the only thing that sucks is when a seller backs out the buyer is stuck with the fees. I just got hit with a $310 bill because some idiot got sellers remorse and backed out on a large deal. Oh well, nothing is perfect.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got hit with a $310 bill because some idiot got sellers remorse and backed out on a large deal

That's a $35,000 dollar domain escrow. Care to share the name?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only thing worse than a "domain escrow" company is a "domain appraisal" company.

tiptop

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only thing worse than a "domain escrow" company is a "domain appraisal" company.

I disagree with that statement escrow.com are expensive for deals less then $300. But you can use MoneyBookers domain escrow, it's very safe and inexpensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's a $35,000 dollar domain escrow. Care to share the name?
I'm still working on turning them back around by offering more money so I can't say it yet. It probably would have been the best domain I've ever held though :undecided:

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MoneyBookers domain escrow, it's very safe
Its actually about as safe as paypal, the general impression that people have that its safe is just good PR at work ;)

https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=terms

7.4. When Customer receives a payment through the Service, he/she is NOT protected against a subsequent reversal of the transaction. Examples of such a reversal include, but are not limited to, a credit card reversal by the sender of the payment and a reversal of the transaction because the sender of the payment was using a stolen credit card or unauthorised bank account.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i see u using that ;) , i thought i would do it with that but now seen you i think i will leave it to you make sure that doesn't have any security holes :cool:

There are no security holes. We also do not store any personal information on the site and have a phone system in place where we notify you when wires are received and walk through the transfer process to make sure the buyer receives the domain name. The process will only get finer tuned in the future.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are no security holes. We also do not store any personal information on the site and have a phone system in place where we notify you when wires are received and walk through the transfer process to make sure the buyer receives the domain name. The process will only get finer tuned in the future.
Nice to hear that ;)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[/list]Is this process violating any terms and conditions set forth in the T&C and User Agreement of the various registrars? Having Seller A push to escrow account, then escrow account pushing to the buyer account. My guess is registrars will not allow this, but I'd like to get some of your interpretations.

The Escrow service could have an account with most major / popular registrars (since most can be set up for free). When the seller pushes the domain to the escrow service, it gets pushed to the seller's registrar but under the escrow company's account (in case of a sale that falls apart it can easily be pushed back to the seller).

When the funds are moved from the buyer -> escrow service (verify) -> seller then the domain is pushed from the escrow servise to the buyer's account on the buyer's registrar.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Escrow service could have an account with most major / popular registrars (since most can be set up for free). When the seller pushes the domain to the escrow service, it gets pushed to the seller's registrar but under the escrow company's account (in case of a sale that falls apart it can easily be pushed back to the seller).

When the funds are moved from the buyer -> escrow service (verify) -> seller then the domain is pushed from the escrow servise to the buyer's account on the buyer's registrar.

Same thing that Sedo does...but the one problem with that is the time it takes. I've waited 1-2 weeks for Sedo to push a domain name to me that was in their godaddy account.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same thing that Sedo does...but the one problem with that is the time it takes. I've waited 1-2 weeks for Sedo to push a domain name to me that was in their godaddy account.

Then make sure an official domain escrow service does it faster. :smilewinkgrin:

1-2 weeks is a bit long, but were they verifying a payment?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then make sure an official domain escrow service does it faster. :smilewinkgrin:

No, its because they have too many transactions going on at one time and 2 people to oversee all of them.

dnkid

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

That's what I'm planning on doing. It'll be faster, and cheaper than all the escrows out there.
The only things I need to take care of now are:
1. Get a US Bank account.
2. Get my brother to develop the website & backend integration.
3. Buy that domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom