• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

"Domain For Sale" Link on your parked page - What is your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEsports

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
1,940
Reaction score
8
I would appreciate any input and/or experience you have with adding a "Domain For Sale" link on your parked pages. I have always been curious of this, as it seems as if a visitor visits your site (being a parked page or ppc type site) and notices a big "This Domain is For Sale" link, would they not be more inclined to go elsewhere? It might leave the impression that if the site is for sale (in there eyes) that it is unofficial and could be hurting your click through rates.

I realize that a lot of you never sell domains, however please share your thoughts or opinions on this topic.

Thanks

John
 
I have only twice received an offer on a parked page with 'domain for sale' text other than names parked at sedo. This is out of hundreds and hundreds of names.. I haven't noticed any effect on the ctr.
 
When I use to park, I always tend to leave it off. I use to figure if they wanted it bad enough, they would go through WHOIS and contact me.


Plus, I always tried to cut out any possible middle-men


But as far as effecting ctr, I doubt it really would. As long as the visitors still see links relative to what they searched to end up there.
 
I've had luck with adding at the bottom:


If you are intrested in buying this domain please email us!

This is nothing special and short and sweet and to the point.
 
I would like to sell most of my domains, so I'm happy for a "for sale" sign or similar to be shown, even if there is a slight drop in PPC income.

Trafficz.com have a discreet "inquire about this domain" link at the bottom of the page, or top, depending on the landing format you select.
 
I used to receive heaps of offers.. mostly all surfers being stuipid though..

Most serious enquiries are via the whois
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom