Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain hackers Alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So in other words, only knowledgeable people with sense and brains were online back then. Man, I wish I was around! Wait....I think I just made a funny on myself.

Yep. Networked Doom games over a local intranet (especially if each person used 3 computers), MUDs, the forums back then were the best, no spam and no stalkers, almost no scams (and they were pretty easy to see that they were a scam). What killed it? IMO - AOL allowed any yahoo onto the web and then Windows had Internet Explorer which made it easy enough for any brainelss yahoo to get onto the internet.

I dream of those days then wake up depressed that they are gone.

Domain Summit 2024

ernestjev

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
how its possible to steal someone domain , just the domain owner to stupid to know he putting his password and login not in hosting company form !!

As i know few serious domainers they have all domains and no one steal from them .

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So what happened here ? Any updates?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what's the conclusion on this, were the domain stolen, or not?
No one is banned, where's the happy ending?

Well I would say it was either he sold some names, and now he is disputing it, or some were hacked, and he has no leads on who it is. GL t who ever reall owns them :)

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apparently you guys remember a different version of the 90's than I do where nothing bad happened. I remember plenty of good stuff, but alot of bad too.

I remember BBS's filled with by-mail pyramid schemes, "Send $5 to these 5 people, remove the name at the top of the list, and put your name at the bottom! You'll make $25 grand in the next 2 months!"

I remember MUD's that I wasted countless weeks of my life on.

I remember busy signals at 7PM that would not end no matter how many times I hit redial, and using up 2 hour per day dialup quotas before lunch.

I remember waiting minutes for a website to load up, just to find out some asshole had embedded the most irritating 150kb midi sequence I'd heard yet.

I remember playing Warcraft on Kali.net and thinking "Man, 450MB. I could put like 20 games on this thing and it still wouldn't be full. I'll never run out of space!" Compaq Presario with TabWorks! Boo yeah!

I remember PBEM games that usually ended abruptly, as the host disappeared and stopped responding.

I remember playing Earth: 2025 before the owner made his millions and abandoned it.

I remember my first Geocities page (1994, I still have it), and when search hacking with meta tags became the it thing to do.

I remember HoTMaiL before microsoft owned it.

I remember when guestbooks were the pinnacle of web technology.

I remember the horde of 88x31 buttons touting the wonders and evils of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Remember when "Best Viewed with" was on every other webpage?

I remember when frames were considered cool.

I remember when Yahoo's main competition was Altavista and Webcrawler.

I remember when chatrooms weren't just for pedophiles and pre-pubescent teens.

Long live the 90's.

jm525

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Account Holder Name: NIMA TAGHINEZHADI
Holder Address: Ayranci MH, Menevis sk, 41/3
Bank Name: YAPI VE KREDI BANKASI
Bank Address: Birlik Mah. 7.Cad No: 75/C, Ank Turkey
Bank Branch: 594 Birlik Mahallesi
Bank Phone: 0090312507869
Account Number: 82172526
Account Type: USD
IBAN: TR300006701000000082172526
Swift Code: YAPITRIS

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remember waiting minutes for a website to load up, just to find out some asshole had embedded the most irritating 150kb midi sequence I'd heard yet.

that's a classic ! i made a homepage way back then that sounds just like that..

i only ever got one visitor ! maybe it was you ;)

thanks for the memories, easy to forget many of those truths

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators