Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Inquiry Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is quite a reply from a recent inquiry on a domain I was thinking about buying.

CITYNAMErestaurants.com

Major city domain for restaurants and its not being used.
I offered $x,xxx for it as I had specific ideas in place for this area and here was the owners response, one of the most unprofessional I have ever seen.

I'm not interested in less than $X,XXX, so I guess you'll have to buy it from someone else. Oh right. There are 7 billion people on planet Earth... there is one xxxxxxxRestaurants.com. Let me do the math.

That's one domain name for every 7 billion people. Hmmm.... I wonder if out of 7 billion people you are the only one interested in it.... oh right... I get about one email a week for this one... wonder if I'll ever ever ever sell it.
Get lost.

Wow, I wasnt even that far off on the offer and was willing to pay more but forget it and moved on. I cant even imagine dealing with that guy

That was his first email

Needless to say I told him to have a nice day.

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moon
I guess I should have used LOve and Logic :)

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
People get cocky, they forget who to tether to..

Sorry for the disrespectful comment and unprofessionalism

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OMG. Whatever. I think you should pass out the name and contact info, and we all should bombard him with requests and lowball offers!! Like 'LOWball' offers! 40-50 weekly insulting offers ought to get old to him pretty quick!

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hawkeye
Thanks but I picture this guy in a closet with a laptop and sunglasses on, a 12 pack of red bull, a dozen candybars and a weapon while viewing Oprahs program on anger management :)

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is quite a reply from a recent inquiry on a domain I was thinking about buying.

CITYNAMErestaurants.com

Major city domain for restaurants and its not being used.
I offered $x,xxx for it as I had specific ideas in place for this area and here was the owners response, one of the most unprofessional I have ever seen.

I'm not interested in less than $X,XXX, so I guess you'll have to buy it from someone else. Oh right. There are 7 billion people on planet Earth... there is one xxxxxxxRestaurants.com. Let me do the math.

That's one domain name for every 7 billion people. Hmmm.... I wonder if out of 7 billion people you are the only one interested in it.... oh right... I get about one email a week for this one... wonder if I'll ever ever ever sell it.
Get lost.

Wow, I wasnt even that far off on the offer and was willing to pay more but forget it and moved on. I cant even imagine dealing with that guy

That was his first email

Needless to say I told him to have a nice day.

did you tell him with your offer "since its not being used", To a domainer it is an insult especially if its parked

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fatter : What ???
Having a domain parked is NOT an insult, it wasnt being used as far as the domain being developed, any GOOD domain person knows that

That comment is ridiculous

It was a professional offer, dont stand up for a rude obnoxious person that has the brain of an ant and expect to be in the domain business

I answer professionaly each and everytime there is a domain request, not some 6 year old tirade that has nothing to do with being parked - get serious

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I only asked because in your original post you said the domain wasnt being used, if it is in fact parked it is being used to make money, and like i said earlier a lot of domainers take it as an insult when someone puts that comment in with an offer, did you say "since it isnt being used "with your original offer

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He was asking for xxxx range or x,xxx,xxx ?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why if you offered him x,xxx he replied "I'm not interested in less than $X,XXX"?

Are you sure you don't offered him $100? :D

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about you show us the email you sent him. Perhaps there's something in your email that enticed him to react like that.

Brand2Go

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is doubtful the individual has had much success in selling names based on the approach you outlined that he/she uses...

When the individual comes crawling back...and it shouldn't take long...you should be able to use the cut-n-paste-reply to negotiate a significant discount.

Good luck.

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow that's a badass response :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trust me, denny is a fun guy really :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom