Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain is gone from Register.com account!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won a domain name on an auction in Snapnames yesterday noon. Domain was paid immediately.
On afternoon I received the email for Transfer of Registration. I accepted the transfer and put the domain on my name, address, etc.
I changed the DNS as well. The domain started to resolve to my webhosting in a few minutes.
I checked whois on internic.com and whois.sc and it was updated correctly to my info a couple hours after.

Today I tried to access to the domain and I saw it was not resolving, I thought was something with my webhosting, but I went to my account in Register.com and the domain is not there! The domain is gone!

If I check the domain with their whois, it is appear as "not found". But if I try to register it, it says it is taken, of course.
If I whois on whois.sc they still show my name/address, etc and my DNSes (I guess it is cached). In internic.com they are showing my DNSes.
This domain was got without going to the full deletion cycle, because the agreement between register.com and snapnames. It preserves the original registration date.

I don't know if this is a domain hijack or what, the domain was not even that great.
I tried to logout and login again to see if somehow it now appears (enom seems to need this sometimes), but no luck.
Have something similar happened to you?

Domain Summit 2024

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I had a domain for SIX MONTHS and Register.com took it away because "an audit revealed another party beat you to registration by .34 seconds"

I've never forgiven them. I had the domain six months, it was fully developed, and they did nothing to compensate me.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to know.
If the domain ever came back, I'll move it as soon as it reaches the 60 days period.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I moved over 300 domains from them as a result of that SNAFU. Not sure if anyone uses them anymore. Thought they finally dropped off the face of the Earth.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Email SnapNames - they'll kick Register.com's ass if there's something screwy going on. Try Kjel Holmberg. His email is kjelh <at> snapnames <dot> com

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Register.com? ha....I loose a few domains a few years ago...they stole them from me...the day they expired (not after the regular period of delete and so)

Nothing new...Im sorry to hear that. They are the worst

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Email SnapNames - they'll kick Register.com's ass if there's something screwy going on. Try Kjel Holmberg. His email is kjelh <at> snapnames <dot> com

Thank you very much, Chris. I did it and this guy has been very helpful.
By the way he talks, he does look like he can kick Register.com's ass !

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hope everything works out, i wont register any names there ..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Registrars to avoid (for various reasons)

Register.com
NetSol
GoDaddy
RegisterFly (LOL)

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what are the drawbacks for godaddy?

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ACRO does it again..

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what are the drawbacks for netsol? Price?

I agree about RegisterFly. Godaddy doesn't like me too much either, but it is not that bad.

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the record, I politely asked Register.com to take a look and they quickly fixed the problem; no asses were kicked in the process.

Of course everyone's mileage varies, but over the courseof the partnership we've been very pleased with the way Register has treated our customers. When there are the inevitable "hiccups" (to use a technical term), Register has always responded quickly to fix things. Can't ask for much more than that.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh, well, now I have to clarify this:

By the way he talks, he does look like he can kick Register.com's ass !

When I said that I didn't imply a rude language or anything wrong at all. It was just that Kjel sounded enthusiastic about solving this problem and urging register.com to take a look.

Kjel:
Thank you very much for your help, again.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I would move it out as soon as the 60 days pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom