Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain keyword has Google Global Monthly Searches = 33K - Is it High or Low ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htkhoi

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I use Google Keyword Tool to check one of my domain name and it returns the Global Monthly Searches = 33,000, Local Monthly Searches (USA) = 2,500. I'd like to know these number considering is High or Low?

What is the volume of Global Monthly Searches you consider as High, Medium and Low? Can you share?

Thanks

Domain Summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I use Google Keyword Tool to check one of my domain name and it returns the Global Monthly Searches = 33,000, Local Monthly Searches (USA) = 2,500. I'd like to know these number considering is High or Low?

What is the volume of Global Monthly Searches you consider as High, Medium and Low? Can you share?

Thanks

the numbers change from month to month, cpc is more important imo

RMG

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you use that tool you must consider the Google Monthly Exact Searches...

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like RMG said, make sure you have the EXACT box checked and not the BROAD. If those are exact numbers, then they are decent. I dont weigh Global too heavy, more Local exact. Also, whats the competition and cpc? One must weigh all these factors in....
Set a standard for your registrations or purchases. A good starting point is 1k+ local EXACT searches, low-med competition, $1-$2 cpc. The higher the local exact and lower the competition and higher the cpc- THE BETTER!

Hope this helps

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Example of exact match can do for you.

Broad Searches (Default) Care Car Global Searches = 201,000 Local Search = 110,000

Exact Searches Care Car Global Searches = 390 Local Searches = 73

Click here for audio of these results AUDIO :)

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
all the info at google is wrong

all of it

example

you think 'injury lawyer' is pricey

you think you can buy 'injury lawyer fort lauderdale' at the rate google has for the public

first page is almost 5x's the cpc you see

so anyone using this info has no clue

it's worthless to gauge any real values from the BS google puts out

use your head

is the term something a business can use

is it a global, national or local term

and unless you are actually running or managing sem accounts on the terms you can't say what numbers are real

so you want to learn real values

manage some sem accounts and then you know the real numbers not the BS google puts up for 'experts' to talk about

amazing what you see here

people using bogus numbers that are 100% made up by google

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@adonivideo - what proof do you have? You can't just post accusations like that without some firm proof.

htkhoi

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi adonivideo!

There are million keywords out there and I don't think Google just sit there to make up the number.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Like RMG said, make sure you have the EXACT box checked and not the BROAD. If those are exact numbers, then they are decent. I dont weigh Global too heavy, more Local exact. Also, whats the competition and cpc? One must weigh all these factors in....
Set a standard for your registrations or purchases. A good starting point is 1k+ local EXACT searches, low-med competition, $1-$2 cpc. The higher the local exact and lower the competition and higher the cpc- THE BETTER!

Hope this helps
When I use Google Adwords Keyword tool, I only see the checkbox Only show ideas closely related to my search terms. I didn't see the EXACT checkbox you talking about. Can you show me how to find it?

Thanks

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's down the left hand side, under 'Broad'.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all the info at google is wrong

all of it

example

you think 'injury lawyer' is pricey

you think you can buy 'injury lawyer fort lauderdale' at the rate google has for the public

first page is almost 5x's the cpc you see

so anyone using this info has no clue

it's worthless to gauge any real values from the BS google puts out

use your head

is the term something a business can use

is it a global, national or local term

and unless you are actually running or managing sem accounts on the terms you can't say what numbers are real

so you want to learn real values

manage some sem accounts and then you know the real numbers not the BS google puts up for 'experts' to talk about

amazing what you see here

people using bogus numbers that are 100% made up by google

@adonivideo - what proof do you have? You can't just post accusations like that without some firm proof.

to a degree, i concur with adonvideo in that "Exact Match" values are not exact

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, they won't be 'exact' - but they give a very good estimation of how many searches are received per month IMO.

But to come out and say that 'all info at google is wrong' - and without giving any proof at all is libelous

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He can. He's a nutter.

And a god, Sollog.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Also, don't overlook the graphs. This will let you know if the search volume is consistent, trending, or seasonal.

Many names are seasonal and really start popping in traffic and CTR. And example would be NFLfreeAgent dot com. The name makes enough money (parked) in a few months (drafts, trades, free agency moves, announcements, contract renewals) to more than warrant renewals.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, they won't be 'exact' - but they give a very good estimation of how many searches are received per month IMO.

not really

if you own any domains that have "exact match numbers with the extension included"....then you would know the thruth about "exact vs actual"

to search for a term or phrase, without ever visiting any of the related websites that come up in the results is what screws/skews the numbers.

gkwt is not like overture w/extension, where the results are based on "actual expected traffic" to a domain

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah ok, thanks for posting that Don, I learned something today :)

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is why there is an 'ignore' setting in forums so you can ignore a specifc user. Its a nice tool!

And a god, Sollog.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Also, don't overlook the graphs. This will let you know if the search volume is consistent, trending, or seasonal.

Many names are seasonal and really start popping in traffic and CTR. And example would be NFLfreeAgent dot com. The name makes enough money (parked) in a few months (drafts, trades, free agency moves, announcements, contract renewals) to more than warrant renewals.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not really

if you own any domains that have "exact match numbers with the extension included"....then you would know the thruth about "exact vs actual"

to search for a term or phrase, without ever visiting any of the related websites that come up in the results is what screws/skews the numbers.

gkwt is not like overture w/extension, where the results are based on "actual expected traffic" to a domain

EXACT means the way of how a keyword is searched and it's nothing to do with "EXACT number". Its all estimation.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple websites with 'exact match' keyword domains ranking #1-#3 for those keywords, receiving about 1/3 the amount of traffic of the 'exact match' number. This is just my limited experience but i've heard 1/4 to 1/3 visits of the amount of the 'exact match' number when ranking #1 for that keyword is a realistic number.
Example: 33000 exact monthly searches would be roughly 11000 visits when ranking #1 for this keyword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom