Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain King and BITCH.COM C&Ds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
I'm saying with his experience, I could learn from him here on the forum, but I would not go out on the town with a bully. He has wisdom, but in some things, I do disagree with him.

I was Amish, and when I left, I left the bad behind, and if you want to know about that, go to www.amishabuse.com, BUT I had to remember all the good that my heritage had. I guess what I'm saying is there is good in most people, if we look hard enough, we can find that good.

Yes. You can learn alot from just watching successful people.

Domain Summit 2024

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
Yes. You can learn alot from just watching successful people.

This sounded like the buckle up commercial when I started reading this.

TrafficNames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a huge scenario to read

conclusion : if we want to register whateveabitch.com we have to pay $500 to this dude's bitches ? what other services do we get for paying $500 ?
we are free to bitch with his bitches ? Do they really worth it ? I am trying to figure out if a bitch worth this much I can be bitch sometime and my ex is always a bitch and all canadian women are bitch too but they not saying anything.
****Bitch.com is taken too.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since a big point in this thread was a supposed right of a domain owner to monopolize search results when somebody types the exact domain into a search engine, I have to say... if you know the full domain name of a site, then why the heck should you type it into a search engine, instead of, y'know, the address bar of your browser??? If you type it into a search engine instead, you should expect to get a list of sites that mention that domain, not necessarily just the site at the domain itself. That's just common sense.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's just common sense.

Dan, you need to spend some time dealing with the "average internet user".

If you type it into a search engine instead, you should expect to get a list of sites that mention that domain, not necessarily just the site at the domain itself.

Mmmmmm.... people who type domain names into search engine bars instead of the address bar (often disabled on their browser) have all sorts of expectations. I know of at least three people in my own family who, if told to go somewhere that's not in an "email this to all your friends" link in an aol email message, will dutifully type the url into the google search bar, and then hit "i feel lucky".

The internet doesn't come out of a box with instructions, and what people figure out on their own can diverge considerably from the way things are "supposed" to be used.

Ovicide

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
...I know of at least three people in my own family who, if told to go somewhere that's not in an "email this to all your friends" link in an aol email message, will dutifully type the url into the google search bar, and then hit "i feel lucky".

That's perfectly correct.

I've met several people who believed they could not reach the "internet" unless they first visited Yahoo.

An abyss of ignorance totally beyond belief. I immediately wondered how they learned to drive their cars, write checks, make phone calls, or even make babies.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
out on their own can diverge considerably from the way things are "supposed" to be used.

So, should the legal system conform to this... in other words, if enough morons think that some nonsensical thing about the Internet is "right", then everybody should be forced by law to conform to this flawed understanding? So, like, if every fecal-matter-for-brains AOLer types addresses into a search engine instead of the address bar, then search engines should be compelled by threat of civil and/or criminal action to make the results of this action conform to what the dumb user thought should happen, even if this impairs the ability of expert users to look for sites with commentary about a given other site or domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom