Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Domain Management Tool – New and improved Functionality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This past year, Sedo has been dedicated to improving our website usability. This includes recent site updates to provide you with the tools necessary to optimize your domain portfolio earnings. We’ve listened to your input: From new resources like the Market Trends page to the revamp of our search tools, we’ve been putting your feedback to good use!

The latest updates can be found in your Domain Management Tool:

We’ve made it easier and more efficient for you to manage your selling strategy and promote your domains to potential buyers with updates like:

• Quick access to update individual sales settings
• Easy access to our free Price Suggestion Tool
• Direct access to Premium Auction applications and our Featured Listing service
• New options for filtering by parking portfolios or a group of domains
• Exclusive beta for SedoPro clients: Option to add your names to the SedoMLS domain distribution network

Check out the new Domain Management Tool, we’d appreciate your feedback. We want to hear what you have to say.

Attention SedoPro Members: Sedo is giving you exclusive access to list your domains in the beta phase of the SedoMLS network. This beta phase is currently reserved for SedoPro customers. If you are a SedoPro member you can begin listing your names to SedoMLS to further promote your domains to millions of additional buyers through our global partner network.

To learn more about why it pays to participate in the beta stage for SedoMLS, all SedoPro members are encouraged to check out our SedoMLS page.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So far, I don't like it. Seems buggy and doing strange things.
Keeps defaulting to last month's numbers - most people I imagine like to see current numbers.
Custom view doesn't stick when changing timetrame
Under current month, still showing strange revenue on other pages, that isn't really there.

You guys could have tested this out much better before implementation. I predict massive unhappiness with the changes unless you fix the bugs quickly.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys could have tested this out much better before implementation. I predict massive unhappiness with the changes unless you fix the bugs quickly.
...yeah, just like they beta tested their site makeover and asked for feedback from clients.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i liked the easy accessibility to the price suggestion

as i am focussed on cctlds and hyphenated domains, will see how it works for next 1-2 months
but i can see from you all, it needs some fixtures...
or they can show in tabular format on recent sales v.s. sedo appraisal price for the domain ;)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this a joke???

I can not even find it on any page. So how is that easy access?

Here are the instructions for your Easy Access:

Once you have got your price suggestions, you can apply the suggested prices to our domains through the Domain Management tool either individually or in bulk.

Individually:

1. Log into your Sedo account.
2. Go to My Sedo > My Domains > Domain Management.
3. Select the view: "Price Suggestion".
4. Check the box to the left of the domain you wish to edit.
5. From the drop down menu "Set Prices" above your domain list, click "Apply price suggestion".

Oh, yeah...I forgot. You have to buy an appraisal to use the Price Suggestion Tool.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Horrible:

- My Custom Overview is gone. I created it for a purpose and I would like to have it back ASAP. I used it every day.
- 'Customize your overview' link does nothing
- 'Watch video blahblah' link does not work. Besides: I dont want to have to watch a promotional video to learn how to use a tool like this. It must be intuitonal and straightforward
- Multi-column filters are a plus. Having to click TWICE before you can enter the text to filter on is NOT userfriendly. I suggest Sedo to hire (or fire) a usability expert.

And please professionalize your software design-build-test-deployment cycle. Testers are paid employees. Users are NOT testers. It is very annoying to be confronted with a s**tload of bugs if you are not getting paid for finding bugs and reporting bugs.

Reaction score

...in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of The Leopard" :p

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Question: Why are you ashamed to say SEDO Deutschland?

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback, comments and/or suggestions.

@2gajgops - The Parking View has been changed to default to the current month. Regarding the Custom View, we have informed our Project Management team of your comment regarding the timeframe.

The issue regarding the revenue statistics has since been fixed.

@Doc Com - The instructions you have mentioned in your post are for applying the price suggestions to your domains.

To get price suggestions:

3. Check the box to the left of one or more domains.
4. From the drop down menu "Set Prices" above your domain list, click "Get free price suggestions".

@mvl - You can watch the Domain Management Tutorial here: http://sedo.com/faq/faq.php?&faqid=3105&language=us. It is a 3-minute instructional video.

The "Customize your view" link on the Domain Management section will bring you to a new page where you can select what you would like to see on the Domain Management section.

Please send me a PM if these links are still not working in your account.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Doc Com - The instructions you have mentioned in your post are for applying the price suggestions to your domains.

To get price suggestions:

3. Check the box to the left of one or more domains.
4. From the drop down menu "Set Prices" above your domain list, click "Get free price suggestions".

That is precisely what I am referring too...easy access???

You've got 5 or 6 steps to get that "easy access" and unless you search for these steps as you and I both point out, what is so easy about that?

I guess we have differing opinions of what "easy access" is.

I would suggest the management, staff, web designers and programmers of Sedo read the book "Don't Make Me Think" and follow that up with the "Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems".

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is precisely what I am referring too...easy access???

You've got 5 or 6 steps to get that "easy access" and unless you search for these steps as you and I both point out, what is so easy about that?

I guess we have differing opinions of what "easy access" is.

I would suggest the management, staff, web designers and programmers of Sedo read the book "Don't Make Me Think" and follow that up with the "Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems".

i think its ok, a 3 step process , overlooking the login panel (which all users anywhere are required to do atleast and is not a part of accessiblity ) , how will you suggest?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@Sedo

It is still buggy as heck and missing some basic functionality that it had before the "upgrade", but I'm not going to give any more details. It strikes me as a bit pathetic that a schmuck like me has to point out a bunch of obvious stuff on a message board that should be glaringly obvious to the people that own, operate, and develop the site.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think its ok, a 3 step process , overlooking the login panel (which all users anywhere are required to do atleast and is not a part of accessiblity ) , how will you suggest?

Why bury a feature within a link to a link to a link to another link?

Honestly, give your members, clients, readers what they want and up front.

If there is a category called Domain Management or Domain Tools, have the link for the Suggested Pricing Tool right there, hoovering browser or drop down menu.

There is no point and no advantage to hiding or burying a tool or feature and then calling it an easy access process....

• Go to My Sedo
  • Go to My Domains
  • Go to Domain Management
  • Check the box to the left of one or more domains
  • From the drop down menu click on/hover "Set Prices" above your domain list
  • click "Get free price suggestions"

Now that is just how to get to the tool, not to mention how to use the tool.

Everyone who is involved in site design and development need to read those two books I mentioned. Invaluable information. A MUST DO is any form of usability testing whether it is just a few people or larger groups.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A whole week later and things still don't work. I cannot manage my domains for a week now. This is unacceptable. The management tool is extremely buggy and all the fancy Ajax stuff stops working all the time, sometimes immediately after a page is loaded, or after one click or dropdown selection. What is this? Sedo should be ashamed to release software to their customers that does not work, that will not pass any acceptance test. The best thing you can do is rollback to the previous interface. Although that one has its limitations, at least it works. In the mean time make sure to professionalize your software development cycle, and do some proper testing and bugfixing before releasing. And yeah, good testers are expensive, but not nearly as expensive as unhappy customers.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For more than a week now, the bulk optimization tool has not worked.

How about fixing what you have and making that fully functional before your roll out more offerings that either don't work or are buried.

I have moved about 30 recently acquired names over to Bodis. I have contacted Sedo and this much needed tool is still not working.

I am not putting domains in some Sedo limbo or Sedo hell while Sedo gets their act together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators