Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

domain market liquidity VS. traffic market liquidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what you would say is the domain market liquidity compared to that of securities / assets (stocks, real estate)? do you see growth in liquidity over time? my impression is that although the sales we see these days are increasing in numbers and value, they are just a tip of an iceberg. most domains (even valuable ones) are rarely sold. on the other hand, there probably are exceptions - it would be resonable to expect 3-letter com market to be more liquid than markets for other domains due to its acknowledged value. assuming liquidity is desirable, what do you see as steps to increase it in domain market? i wish i could get my hands on Sedo's sales stats to see where statistical analysis could lead. domain business is still very young and its too early to see deep markets forming. also probably there hasn't been much analysis done investigating the market in a systematic way (or perhaps such information is just not available at the level of public internet forums...).

at the same time, it is interesting that PPC industry made traffic an extremely liquid asset which is easy to monetize any time, anywhere and with practically no transaction costs. however, at the same time traffic is not widely (if at at all) traded as such (excluding domainers selling traffic to ppc companies), which sometimes really puzzles me.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I assume the domain market liquidity, or rather yearly transactions per asset, is closer to real estate than listed stock or investment grade bonds.

intreresting questions.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i agree about the liquidity. at the same time, i think the potential of trading traffic rather than domains is yet to be discovered. too bad that few people on this forum engage in financial discussions...

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At the same time, a quite a few people here have some kind of formal finance background or related work experience, and obviously all of them have noticed that domain names offer an attractive ROI.

Sharing information isn't a zero-sum game, but I think perceived advantages due to trade secrets make some of us hesitant to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom