Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain Marketpace Question

Maggie Mae

Level 4
Reaction score
Which domain marketplace do you like best and why?

Most of my domains were purchased for outbound marketing, but I have a few I'd like to list in a market.
I see buzz about recent changes with various providers, so will greatly appreciate your recommendations and why you like them best.

Thank you!

Domain summit 2024

RobertMills

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Namecheap Marketplace - Namecheap is a well-known domain registrar that also offers a marketplace for buying and selling domains. It offers a range of services including domain appraisals, transfers, and escrow.When choosing a domain marketplace, it's important to consider factors such as the audience size, the range of services offered, the fees and commissions charged, and the level of customer support provided. You may also want to consider the reputation of the marketplace and the feedback from other users who have bought or sold domains on the platform.

Maggie Mae

Level 4
Reaction score
Namecheap Marketplace - Namecheap is a well-known domain registrar that also offers a marketplace for buying and selling domains. It offers a range of services including domain appraisals, transfers, and escrow.When choosing a domain marketplace, it's important to consider factors such as the audience size, the range of services offered, the fees and commissions charged, and the level of customer support provided. You may also want to consider the reputation of the marketplace and the feedback from other users who have bought or sold domains on the platform.

Thank you, Robert! I was hoping to hear others' experience. So far mine has been just GoDaddy and Afternic. I often see ppl listing on DAN and Sedo, but don't know how they compare? Or, if it really matters. Do investors search all of the marketplaces?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do investors search all of the marketplaces?
Hi

if, you thought that was a possibility,
then wouldn't it be prudent, to at least "list" your domains on all of those marketplaces... just in case?

where your name sells, is dependent on many variables like random/daily visitors, quality, demand, appeal, extension and additionally whether the names are using that platforms nameservers or not.

you can't compare the platform unless you're comparing the names as well.

only your own experience will tell you which works best for your domain names.

imo..

Maggie Mae

Level 4
Reaction score
Hi

if, you thought that was a possibility,
then wouldn't it be prudent, to at least "list" your domains on all of those marketplaces... just in case?

where your name sells, is dependent on many variables like random/daily visitors, quality, demand, appeal, extension and additionally whether the names are using that platforms nameservers or not.

you can't compare the platform unless you're comparing the names as well.

only your own experience will tell you which works best for your domain names.

imo..
Thank you, Biggie, I am still hoping others will share their answers to my question:

Which domain marketplace do you like best and why?

Or at least share a link to a recent article that discusses the marketplaces.

Most of my domains are for outbound sales, but I have a few that are better suited for the markets. This is where I lack knowledge. I've read a lot of concerns recently on another platform about GoDaddy. Here in DNF, there are concerns posted about Epik. So, just curious to see why ppl like the platform(s) they use.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No preference, I did in the past even my own landing pages to be in control of the incoming leads.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators