Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

domain name is trademark infringement

rubyruby

Reaction score
One of the most significant legal risks associated with choosing a domain name is trademark infringement. Even if the domain name is still available for purchase and registration, it may already be trademarked.

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of the most significant legal risks associated with choosing a domain name is trademark infringement. Even if the domain name is still available for purchase and registration, it may already be trademarked.
Yes and No,

There is still the way you can avoid registering or purchasing trademark registered domain names. WIPO, Tradmarkia are tool that I use to search for any possible trademark.

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I definitely recommend staying away from domains that contain a trademarked word. You can check any domain through DNProtect by checking its DNP Score. Trademarks are checked when the DNP Score is calculated.
Unaware about this feature of DNProtect.com, nice feature and thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

Maggie Mae

Level 4
Reaction score
It really depends, and you'd best consult with an intellectual property attorney if unsure. Usage and likelihood of consumer confusion is key.

As example, ACME Brick, ACME Staffing, and ACME Skateboards would be in different trademark goods categories, so allowed.

But, buy something like StarbucksDonutsAndCoffeeTampaDelivery and you can be in trouble. Because that is a category Starbucks the coffee co is branded in and no one would be able to use this domain without possible legal challenges. Even tho one would be national and the other local.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I definitely recommend staying away from domains that contain a trademarked word. You can check any domain through DNProtect by checking its DNP Score. Trademarks are checked when the DNP Score is calculated.

Thanks, I'll use it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

you can also search trademarks here:

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom