Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain Names @ $ 6.25 !! (Buy 1 or 1000!!)

Tell me ?

• Apply for it

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • or forget it.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How to take advantage of this $6.25/domain...

Register a domain name with this $6.25/each registrar for 9 years at $56.25 and then transfer it.

Pretty nice savings,
Chris

Domain summit 2024

There are no terms and conditions on their web site. Maybe they charge $40 for transfer to another registrar :D

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, that would be pretty shady if you had to pay the losing registrar and gaining registrar a transfer fee.

Originally posted by chris
Well, that would be pretty shady if you had to pay the losing registrar and gaining registrar a transfer fee.

Not shady if it were in their terms and conditions (which I don't see anywhere as it is). Other registrars nickel and dime for all sorts of things.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another reason to (probably) avoid this registrar like the plague.

When you transfer a domain thats got several years registration left on it, do you not lose those extra years or does the new registrar honor it even though they didn't get paid for it?

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The question is whether or not the losing registrar honors the time you've already payed for.

I've read in the past where some registrars have been known to hold your money (if you've registered for more than one year) and pay the $6.00 Verisign charge on a per year basis. They would also fix their "own" Whois records to list your domain name as being registered for multi-years while it's actually only registered for one year.

Since your domain name is not registered for the appropriate time in the "main" domain name database, it would be up to the losing registrar to pay Verisign the true amount owed to register your domain name for its real timetable.

They could screw you and only credit you with a year. Read the losing registrar's terms and conditions very carefully.

Chris

Originally posted by chris
The question is whether or not the losing registrar honors the time you've already payed for.

I've read in the past where some registrars have been known to hold your money (if you've registered for more than one year) and pay the $6.00 Verisign charge on a per year basis. They would also fix their "own" Whois records to list your domain name as being registered for multi-years while it's actually only registered for one year.

Since your domain name is not registered for the appropriate time in the "main" domain name database, it would be up to the losing registrar to pay Verisign the true amount owed to register your domain name for its real timetable.

They could screw you and only credit you with a year. Read the losing registrar's terms and conditions very carefully.

Chris

Chris, do you have such examples of Registrars that follow this obviously shady practise?

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's been awhile ago that I read that. I'll see if I can find the url for you and post it here.

Barry

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw this the other day and had a domain name I was thinking about registering, so last night I registered it with indyadomain, every thing went smooth, mailed him a check this morning, the name has been registered to me, I have sent him e-mail and it was answered within a very few minutes so if his support is this good I may leave registerfly who I have been with for years

M

mike

Barry, you mailed a check to Indyadomains (in India)? I'd think twice before doing that. Then decide against it.

I like the part about leaving registerfly after several years. They exist for 1 year and a half.

M

mike

Right. Indya's problem is that we are able to read between the lines. But I guess some people don't. I am always wary of dealing with any company operating on such thin margins because you know they have to upsell and try to squeeze a profit from you somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators