• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Domain Portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiny

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
I was just asked if I could manage a big company's domain portfolio, and I took that contract on. But they just asked me today approx what I was looking for in a yearly pay?.....
I really dont know what to say as I have never really took on a companys portfolio, I have only managed my own. I can say at this point it will take a few months of hard work as they want a lot of domains that they dont have yet... meaning buying and possibley having to take lawful action etc.... There portfolio current is made up of approx 450 domains but like I said there is about 250 more domains they want.

So I guess my question is. Do you guys have any background in doing this yourself and what is a reasonal price point?

Thanks for any input you may have

Regards
Stiny
 
i would say that you should charge a flat fee for managing their current portfolio, which may include renewals and consolidations to a single registrar, if their names are spread out over different registrars.

any future domains that they register, you should do it thru your reseller account, with maybe a $25 regg fee.

any domains that they purchase, you should charge a percentage of the sale, maybe 5 > 10%.

i don't know how much other tasks you would have to manage, unless you are doing website maintenance as well.

price you charge also depends on whether you are working "in-house" or your own location.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom