Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

domain registration with tons of features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
$15 is much much too much for domain registrations. I can't believe people are stilling paying these high prices. Why?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainSage $15 is much much too much for domain registrations. I can't believe people are stilling paying these high prices. Why?

Actually there are still many who pay $25 to $35 per yr thru NetSol Afilias and several other registrars too.

Many of the $15 resellers are OpenSRS affiliates. OpensSRS has more features and capabilities than others, including free online transfers and free ownership changes and many other great features.

There are no surprise add-on fees and extra cost services as imposed by others and discussed here a number of times. Those excessive fees many charge can actually result in the domain costing more in the long run with other firms. OpenSRS is considered the best service by many.

OpenSRS charges their resellers $10 per name wholesale and that has not changed I think since Tucows went into the business a few yrs ago. There have been no price reductions at all on the wholesale level.

By charging $15 the reseller only makes $5 profit. That's a very small profit amount, especially on lower volume business. For high volume resellers it is better. But still $5 is not really that great when you consider the overhead, expenses and cust support involved.

My OpenSRS Reseller is located here -

www.3-g.com/domain-registration/reg.htm

L

LtlPhysics

Originally posted by o4g247
trolling?

Yeah, you've just recently arrived and appear to be selling something.

Trolling is usually associated with a topic that asks a rhetorical question or simply begs for a desired response. It's a lot like fishing. :D

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LtlPhysics

Yeah, you've just recently arrived and appear to be selling something.

Trolling is usually associated with a topic that asks a rhetorical question or simply begs for a desired response. It's a lot like fishing. :D

weeeeee.. i've learnt something new today. lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators