Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain won at Namejet - moved to Enom - wrong whois info

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm getting the run around from Enom on a domain that I won June 30th at Namejet. Its sitting in my Enom account, I can change the DNS.

The whois info everywhere on the net has the wrong whois, some Japanese contacts (tech,admin etc).

Enom support says their whois is correct so everything is fine.

Any suggestions and what tactic to take to get this corrected.

Whats the "official" who is look up source?
http://www.verisigninc.com/en_US/products-and-services/domain-name-services/whois/index.xhtml
http://www.internic.net/whois.html

Thanks
Dave

Domain Summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have you tried going into the administrative contacts for the domain, thru your enom account.

perhaps the whois didn't change, when it was pushed/moved/transferred to your account, so you may have to do it manually.

lmk

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll try that. In my account everything is ok but I'll update the info at the domain level.

Thanks for the idea.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll try that. In my account everything is ok but I'll update the info at the domain level.

Thanks for the idea.

let us know if that works

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which extension ? For .com/.net the source is the registrar.
For other extensions visit the registry site.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Katherine,

Its a .com

I won the domain on June 30th but its still showing Japanese contact/admin info at various sources. Enom says everything is fine but its weird this has not happened before with other domains. Even Enom has complete info (see below). I think I'm getting the run around.

Nameserver:
Unavailable

Created On:
Unavailable

Expires On:
Unavailable

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this what you get when you perform the whois lookup at Enom ?
http://www.enom.com/whois/default.aspx

For .com/.net domains the whois record is maintained at registrar level so 'external' lookups must query the Enom whois server.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave - Feel free to email me the info and I'll have it looked into for you ASAP!

Thanks

Ok I'm getting the run around from Enom on a domain that I won June 30th at Namejet. Its sitting in my Enom account, I can change the DNS.

The whois info everywhere on the net has the wrong whois, some Japanese contacts (tech,admin etc).

Enom support says their whois is correct so everything is fine.

Any suggestions and what tactic to take to get this corrected.

Whats the "official" who is look up source?
http://www.verisigninc.com/en_US/products-and-services/domain-name-services/whois/index.xhtml
http://www.internic.net/whois.html

Thanks
Dave

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have filed many support tickets at eNom over this issue over the years. eNom simply does not care about properly updating the WHOIS.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jrzeygirl, can you please have a look at my case as well? PM sent.

Thanks

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way JuniperPark.... However I wouldn't go as far as saying eNom doesn't care. Feel free to email me directly should the need arise.

I have filed many support tickets at eNom over this issue over the years. eNom simply does not care about properly updating the WHOIS.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm now on Day #9 of a "5 day process". I submitted a support ticket but only got the response that they'll look into it. My credit card was bill on Day #1, which violates their Visa's merchant account agreement since they billed without shipping product.

I'm thinking about filing a chargeback at least until product is shipped -- has anyone tried that route? Perhaps if their merchant account is put at risk, they'll decide to do their jobs.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm now on Day #9 of a "5 day process". I submitted a support ticket but only got the response that they'll look into it. My credit card was bill on Day #1, which violates their Visa's merchant account agreement since they billed without shipping product.

I'm thinking about filing a chargeback at least until product is shipped -- has anyone tried that route? Perhaps if their merchant account is put at risk, they'll decide to do their jobs.

Hello JuniperPark - what is the issue you're having? Please email me the details along with your eNom log in ID and I'll have it looked into ASAP for you.

Thanks!!

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hey Dale - The domain is now in your eNom account. THANKS for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom