Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domaining Investing 101 by James Iles

JohnLuther

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm reading this book as I'm really fascinated to dig into domaining.
I'm trying to get as many informations as possible in order to make the first steps without making big damages :)
Lurking online i saw (exactly only saw, because too techniques fopr me yet :) ) a some videos of Sherpa , some interviews and discussion but i preferred to start with ABC written down on ebook.

Any feedback for this book? It seems to me quite ethically organized...

P.s. I'm really sorry for my english I'm italian and I don't know if that'll be a problem further with this business...I'm trying to be optimistic :)

Thanks in advance

Domain summit 2024

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
IMHO, The best thing you can do if you are new to domaining is learn from others that have been where you are and have learned from both good and bad experiences. I would not worry about what is in an eBook without looking into what the authors experience is, or at least many of them.

Take a good look around this site and read everything you can. All different posts and replies for the many different areas that make up domaining.

Learning from reading and research are great are great things to do to learn about this field. Also, don't be afraid to ask others any questions that you have. In my years of being involved in and around domains, I have found that most domainers are willing to help other people. You just have to be willing to listen.

JohnLuther

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for advice! I really appreciate it
My second name is Curiosity
I'm an avid reader

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You are most welcome.

Reading is a good thing, you just have to make sure that you investigate the source of what you are reading and see if that author has the experience to write about the subject.

In today's era of eBooks, many people will claim to be authors who really don't have enough experience in a field to legitimately write about a subject.

It would always be better to read from an author who has written multiple (more is better) books on a subject. Also, see where the book is being sold can be one indicator. if it's being sold on a website then it might not be much more than someone trying to make some quick money. See if the book is available on the major book selling places like Amazon/Kindle/etc. and if it's not, then ask yourself why not.

Research is key when buying and taking an eBook author as having accurate information and knowledge.

Besides, everything that you need to know about domains can be found on sites like this one where there are lots of experienced people who are willing to help and share information.

Good Luck

Nate Brennan

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I read Domain Investing 101 Second Edition by James Iles today and it's great! I highly recommend it. It's even better than the first edition.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback @Nate Brennan - where did you buy it from out of curiosity? (feel free to dm that to me)

Yes, I have just released the second edition as the first seemed a little out dated. My experience is more than some, and less than others - but most of what I've done and continue to do is out there... mainly in blog form on the "other" forum :)

pronstar

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My blog on domaining for beginners may help with a lot of basic questions you may have and should point you in the right direction. See link in sig. And good luck.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom