Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domaining to go to film school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviathan21

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I sent this to Doc Com, and he suggested that I forward this to Predator, which I did, and to also post this for discussion.

I sent this as a message asking for help, so I am hoping you all can help me like he has.

Here is the message

I wanted to ask for your help and advice. I started domaining a couple of weeks ago to get into reselling and parking. I'm really good with computers, and have been for a long time but I'm finding this really hard to get to grips with.

I'm due to go to film school at the end of September, and have no way near enough money to go. I've spent many hours on here getting domains and yet I'm not getting any interested resellers or making money from parking.

I have two N-N-N domains and two L-L-L domains kind of as investments. I then have a couple more .coms, about four .infos and a few .nets.

I have names like SioTV.com, and Getsomeone.net, and the infos are more like Canceling.info, and basically anything with decent search results that I thought would be good to resell, or hold for later.

And yet, I'm not getting anyone interested on Sedo, and I think the strongest appraisal I've got is low $xx for SioTV. I really need your help because I know once I understand this I should be able to be okay here.

Where can I sell the domains where the buyers will be interested? What sort of domains should I be looking into buying?

As for parking, I think I should get ahold of some decent names first before I look into optimising and everything, and I don't think I have them. I've even considered paying $60 to get one on Snapnames or Pool since I've had no chance at manually registering an expiring domain.

I really am trying everything and I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Do you think you guys could help me?

Leviathan

Domain summit 2024

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to have domain names that people are interested in, in order to sell them. You can't register any domain name, throw it on Sedo, and make a ton of cash. The same works with parking, it has to be a domain name that people are going to type in, if not, you're not going to profit from parking.

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The more money you have available to invest, the higher your chances are for earning potential profit.

BinderGang

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a film student as well. PM me if you want some tips from someone whose basically doing the same thing (but I guess having a bit more success at it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators