• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed DomesticAirway.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dndisplay

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
249
Reaction score
0
I will appreciate expert opinions on value of following names:

DomesticAirway.com
DomesticAirway.net


Thanks in advance.
 
vinitsaxena said:
I will appreciate expert opinions on value of following names:

DomesticAirway.com
DomesticAirway.net


Thanks in advance.

Google 284
Overture - Zero

What are you selling? How many people search the web to buy an Airline?

Good Luck
Dave Wrixon
 
Dave, Thanks for your response.

I'm not expecting this name to be used to sell airline. Instead, if some domestic airway is not able to get their name.com then they can use this generic name, which is easy to remember. Or this name can be used as affiliate site to book the tickets for various domestic airways.

Would like to have more opinions.
 
vinitsaxena said:
Dave, Thanks for your response.

I'm not expecting this name to be used to sell airline. Instead, if some domestic airway is not able to get their name.com then they can use this generic name, which is easy to remember. Or this name can be used as affiliate site to book the tickets for various domestic airways.

Would like to have more opinions.

Don't really see that working. If you can afford aircraft, can you afford not to have the right domain. Better to push the brand as a dot us or info than settle for a generic dot com.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
 
Dave, once again thanks for a very prompt reply.

For example. Air Deccan in India is not able to acquire AirDeccan(dot)com and has settled for AirDeccan.net....if some other domestic airway is even not able to acquire .net then they might be interested in having the generic .com. That's what I thought while acquiring this name.

Am also not sure that whether this will really work or not....hence, I'm here asking for expert opinions.

Best regards.
 
vinitsaxena said:
Dave, once again thanks for a very prompt reply.

For example. Air Deccan in India is not able to acquire AirDeccan(dot)com and has settled for AirDeccan.net....if some other domestic airway is even not able to acquire .net then they might be interested in having the generic .com. That's what I thought while acquiring this name.

Am also not sure that whether this will really work or not....hence, I'm here asking for expert opinions.

Best regards.

Well the dot com is held by a speculator. If I were Airdeccan I would make it pretty clear to them that the faced DRP. Its doubtful they would hold out for long. Even if they didn't get the dot com, the dot in would be a good solution, even the dot net has got to be better than your domain, which really gives no indication of the nature of the company or their geographical location. I just cannot see how such a rebranding would generate extra revenue.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
 
Thanks Dave. I really appreciate your comments though don't agree with them completely.

Anybody else would like to share their views on this name?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom