• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed DomesticMovies.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muris

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
585
Reaction score
0
Mainly for US market since Americans don't like foreign movies (at least most of them –target group).
I received an offer, some time ago, from >>Buy()Domains<< on this one but it was too low, IMO. Now I have to ask panel of independent experts – You Guys.
Please, appraise.
Many thanks up-front.:)
 
I would say high XXX low X,xxx to end user I dunno might be wrong why dont you try developing it.
 
america is the largest consumer base in the world.
never count americans out of the foreign movie market. sorry but your point is invalid. americans have lots of buying power in the Foreign Movie market.

i don't see any value in this domain unless it is developed.
 
america is the largest consumer base in the world.
never count americans out of the foreign movie market. sorry but your point is invalid. americans have lots of buying power in the Foreign Movie market.

i don't see any value in this domain unless it is developed.

I think I was misunderstood. It is obvious Americans has the greatest buying power in the entire word. I agree with this 100%. Let’s say if someone from Cambodia made a movie down there and this movie was picked up by some company for the distribution in the US – this would be the dream for Cambodian producers. My point is – let’s say: in the US, somewhere near Oklahoma, Nebraska in the small movie theater (2-screen), Friday night, movies to pick from are “Snakes on the Plane” and Cambodian drama from new-wave movement with subtitles. What percent of audience is going to pick Cambodian one?

What I’m trying to say is most of Americans hate foreign language movies with subtitles. Non-Hollywood movies are still making big money here but I would like you to compare the sales.
 
muris,
develop it, or if you think you can sell it then do so,
i don't see a value in this domain.

it is not a common phrase. we don't say let's go to the "domestic movie festival" or i hope a "domestic movie" wins the oscar for best action. people don't search for "non subtitled" films because they hate foreign films. they just go to their local theater since that is all they show as you said.

consider australian, canadian, and british films which would be considered foreign but would not require subtitles.

this is a purely technical term used mostly in analysis of the industry.
further the proper term would be "domestic films" not domestic movie
 
this is a purely technical term used mostly in analysis of the industry.
further the proper term would be "domestic films" not domestic movie

"Domestic Movies" 4,190,000 Google Results
"Domestic Films" 1,930,000 Google Results

US uses "movie"
Europe and some others use "film"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom