Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed DotComTom.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did have a few good Dot names but they never get much action unless developed. If developed, it may well be worth whatever effort you put into it...

Jim (On the phone) ; Hey Tom, what was the domain that you were trying to get appraised over at DNF ?

Tom (On the phone) ; oh yeah, it is double you double you double you dot dot com tom dot com...

Jim (On the phone) ; huh ? What ? Who ? :huh: :cool:g

:wink:

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like it personally ... It is a catchy cool name and could be developed into a dot com information/sales portal with a goofy looking nerdy character named Tom. It has potential if you develop it into something catchy and interesting. If you park it, it is worth $0.00. Right now it is worth reg fee. If you brand it into something interesting, its worth much more. Good luck with it

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameWolf said:
Jim (On the phone) ; Hey Tom, what was the domain that you were trying to get appraised over at DNF ?

Tom (On the phone) ; oh yeah, it is double you double you double you dot dot com tom dot com...

Jim (On the phone) ; huh ? What ? Who ? :huh: :cool:g

:wink:

I wasnt going to say anything about it, as everyone else already did.
but the above quote sounds too funny!
seriously, double you double you double you dot dot dot dot com dot com!!!
:clown:

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
obviously some people haven't looked into it as much as others. It will give you some traffic i'm sure.

Also I wonder if I offer $5 to the poor guys who have the URL below whether they would take it or not?
haitch tee tee pee colon slash slash double you double you double you dot slash dot dot org

oh my god it's even an org! :cheeky:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by URL 'below'???
I wasnt aware of up, down, left, or right in domains? :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Domain Control to Dot Com Tom...
Domain Control to Dot Com Tom...
Take your pay per clicks and put your Domain Lock On

Domain Control to Dot Com Tom
Commencing transfer, but Domain Lock is on
Check Auth Code and may DotComGod's love be with you

Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Lift-off

This is Domain Control to Dot Com Tom
You’ve really made the grade
And Domain Name Journal wants to know whose shirts you wear
Now it’s time to leave the Registrar if you dare

“This is Dot Com Tom to Domain Control
I’m stepping through the Sedo door
And I’m dropping in a most peculiar way
And the Snaps look very different today

For here
Am I sitting in a UDRP
Far above the WIPO
The Registry is blue
And there’s nothing I can do

Though I’m past one hundred thousand domains
I’m feeling very still
And I think my PPC knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much she knows?
Domain Control to Dot Com Tom
Your Transfer's dead, there’s something wrong
Can you hear me, Dot Com Tom?
Can you....

“Here Am I sitting in a UDRP
Far above the WIPO
The Registry is blue
And there’s nothing I can do?

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry www, I also don't see any value in your domain. It does not have any
commercial potential and it is only as brandable as any other domain name with
an average quality. You're right, it sounds quite good. But that's it. There isn't
more about your domain. Good luck with selling/developing it though!

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO it has negligible value as a domain name. But if you like it and its suitable for a site you plan to develop then its not wasted money. If I thought it had any intrinsic value I'd be running over to enom right now to register DotComThom.com, which by the way is available, and my guess is will remain that way.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dodo1 said:
Sorry www, I also don't see any value in your domain. It does not have any
commercial potential and it is only as brandable as any other domain name with
an average quality. You're right, it sounds quite good. But that's it. There isn't
more about your domain. Good luck with selling/developing it though!

Tom is a very popular and widespread name in the US, so I doubt you will find many among the general public who wouldn't like this name or who would consider it merely "average." "Fun," "catchy," "cool" and the like count for a lot, and the domain industry is also clearly on the upswing. Ordinarily I would wonder if differing geography/culture might have a lot to do with your post, as I don't know much about German culture, however I do find it interesting that the only site quickly found besides the .net (registered to a Tom no less) is actually a .de.

Now I'm confident there must be many more out there who feel the same way folks like cshel and Domain Jedi do, so it would be great to hear from more of them as well.

Thanks for the good wishes, though...

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shocking as it is, there's actually a site at the .net and the .de.

Why anybody would brand their site 'dot com' but place it at the .net etc. is beyond me.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greggish said:
DotComThom.com

Well, unless you haven't been in the US very long, this is pretty surprising from someone with your location info. There's a whole lot of Tom's, but I doubt I ever met a Thom, and wouldn't be surprised if that's most people's experience...

MediaHound said:
Why anybody would brand their site 'dot com' but place it at the .net etc. is beyond me.

For a guy named Tom (.net), there's a bit of comic irony there, although I suppose he probably wanted to have gotten the com (someone had it before me).

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www said:
Well, unless you haven't been in the US very long, this is pretty surprising from someone with your location info. There's a whole lot of Tom's, but I doubt I ever met a Thom, and wouldn't be surprised if that's most people's experience...

Ah. My mistake. What was I thinking? Of course you must be right that a domain having to do with "DotCom" would have no appeal to anyone outside the U.S. Do they even use the internet in the rest of the world? Surprising indeed! :cheeky:

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greggish said:
Ah. My mistake. What was I thinking? Of course you must be right that a domain having to do with "DotCom" would have no appeal to anyone outside the U.S. Do they even use the internet in the rest of the world? Surprising indeed! :cheeky:

Putting words in someone's mouth, especially words like that, is not only a bogus line of argument, but simply not a good thing to do.

Any more cshel's and Domain Jedi's out there? This is a great name, loads of fun... :)

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www said:
Putting words in someone's mouth, especially words like that, is not only a bogus line of argument, but simply not a good thing to do.

Hey, they were your words in the quote box. I just commented on what you said. :rolleyes:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So noone liked my rendition of "Major Tom"?

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
So noone liked my rendition of "Major Tom"?

Yes. It brought a smile to my face. :)

damitssam

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom is a very popular and widespread name in the US, so I doubt you will find many among the general public who wouldn't like this name or who would consider it merely "average." "Fun," "catchy," "cool" and the like count for a lot, and the domain industry is also clearly on the upswing. Ordinarily I would wonder if differing geography/culture might have a lot to do with your post, as I don't know much about German culture, however I do find it interesting that the only site quickly found besides the .net (registered to a Tom no less) is actually a .de.
DotComBob should be registered now I guess, So should DotComJoe, DotComeSam and all the rest.

How did this thread become more popular then all the rest -_-?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
damitssam said:
DotComBob should be registered now I guess, So should DotComJoe, DotComeSam and all the rest.

How did this thread become more popular then all the rest -_-?

Exactly.....It isn't a special name....worth nothing, unless a certain Tom is a domain reseller and want's it for his buisness....It is no different than any other name. Jen, Kyle, Adam, Tim, Tammy, and so on. It isn't a good name case closed.......

Worth $0. Unless you find a Tom that want's it for his domain resllling domain name.....otherwise...ebay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom