Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

*dotMOBI CEO forecasts release of 500 Premium MOBI domains,including sex.mobi**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sex.mobi To Go On Sale, And More

Have you seen the zagat.mobi or AAA.mobi going live this week? Weather.mobi's service is really cool and a testament to a major brand making a decision between m.myname.com (or myname.com/mobile or mobile.myname.com) and myname.mobi.

We are poised to break 700,000 names under management very soon. More significantly, both small and big brands are putting their content live on a daily basis. Check our the showcase page to see examples and case studies.

Also, have you checked out the mobile site builder which recently went live with Network Solutions' BuildMyMobi.com? Registrars everywhere are embracing the mobile hosting and content creation opportunity in a big way for the coming year. Hopefully, your company will not miss out.

More after the jump...

I recently read some postings that dotMobi is doing nothing with its reserved and premium names. "Hogwash," as they say down south. dotMobi released its city names program several weeks ago and it's now live. Any city government with a commercial sponsor may request their cityname.mobi. The simple rules and application are on the dotMobi web site. We had a tremendous response already and a great success with the Helsinki.mobi test case back in June.

Also, dotMobi will release 500 premium names -- yes, including sex.mobi -- through several venues. You can count on the fact that these valuable names will be sold and usable content will be created for the mobile consumer in the coming months. If you are a brand manager or a domainer, then you need to get ready for the sale of the dotMobi premium names. You also need to know how to build mobile content or you will not be an eligible buyer.

Finally, I would be remiss not to mention growth of the developer forum, http://dev.mobi. Just a few months after its launch, there are more than 3,000 members in the dev.mobi developer community. Services like ready.mobi, dotMobi Developer Certification, our Developer Guide, coding examples, and testing tools are used by mobile developers on a daily basis. The latest version of ready.mobi will crawl every page of your mobile site, then give you a report and tell you how to improve your site for free. If you develop software for a mobile, then you should be using dev.mobi everyday. Best of all, it is free. (I wish I had these tools when I was doing client/server programming in the early '90s.)

Of course, dotMobi investors such as Telecom Italia, Vodafone, Telefonica, Nokia, Google, Microsoft, Visa, and others continue to turn on the dotMobi platform of tools and services for their products and services.

dotMobi is on the move in a big way. I look forward to give you more updates in the coming weeks.
-- Neil Edwards, CEO, dotMobi

Posted by Neil Edwards on August 21, 2007 at 03:36 PM in Content, Featured Sites, Messages From Hosts, MobiReady, dev.mobi, dotmobi | Permalink

Technorati Tags: developer, dotmobi, mobile. internet

Domain summit 2024

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i guess that answers a lot of questions... great news! and thx for the info!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sure the media will jump on the sex.mobi thing
wonder if playboy (owners of com) will come in for it?

anyway, good news, but want to see more details about the rfp process, all a bit wishywashy at moment

thanks for posting Michael, as ever your finger on the dotmobi pulse

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just hope a good number are actually developed.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats great news, but angry and disappointed that they didnt do this in the beginning. That would have helped .mobi names a lot. city advertisement.:veryangry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators