Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

dotster Dotster system has major flaws

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Dotster.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use 000domains.com which is now owned by Dotster and uses their system. Names that I sold or transfered away still show up in my account.

Example ...... Karla.us which I sold eons ago and the new owner transferred it to GoDaddy. It still was in my account so I listed it for sale today (not thinking anything of it). Luckily the owner noticed my listing and pointed out it is in their account at godaddy before I resold it.

I mean really - I am in the domain biz and should have accurate domain listings in my account. Transfer outs still show in my account. The only way I can get an accurate list is by doing whois searches to see if I still own the damn names and which registrar I have them at. I've sold around 1000 names so it is hard to keep track.

Anyways - Dotster has had this problem for eons and they refuse to fix it because they are lazy - IMO! Quit wasting my time Dotster!

Ahhhh.... I feel a little better.

Larry
www.VoIPService.com
www.AffiliateNetwork.org

Supports response -

"Response (Jim P) - 06/13/2006 12:23 PM
We apologize for the problem. the domain has been remoevd from your account. if you see other domains in your account which have been transferred please let us know and we will remove them. We do not have aliste of domains in your account that has been transferred away. Thank you"

Translation - Our system is flawed and still refuse to fix it! You will have to waste your time figuring if your account is accurate or not.

Larry
www.VoIPService.com
www.AffiliateNetwork.org

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domaincheap if I recall correctly is the same way.

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not new to me. I have been experiencing those errors for years. I have transfered names out 8 months ago, and dotster never marked them as transfered away, and still shows the domains in my dotster account.

When you update your credit card details, it will never work, and get your account disabled.

Why all those errors? I have confirmed with dotster support manager that he told me no more budget and fixes for namewinner already. They will stay in this level for quite a few time. A key to failure.

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the last response from support-

"Response (Jim P) - 06/13/2006 02:07 PM
I'm going to submit this to our IT department as a bug in our ssytem. They will look into it and correct the problem. I'm also requesting they remove all domains from your account that have been transferred out. Thank you"

Larry
www.VoIPService.com
www.AffiliateNetwork.org

PS - I heard this answer over a year ago.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LarryWentz said:
Karla.us which I sold eons ago and the new owner transferred it to GoDaddy. It still was in my account

Larry, will the Dotster system let you renew it?

If so, that would be a good rate of return for Dotster.

Lets say it cost $ 7. to renew.

$ 7. gross profit on $ 0. cost for Dotster. Not bad.

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No .... I remember in the past trying to renew names in my account that I thought were in my account. It screwed up my credit card orders and balance (temporarily). I had to use a different credit card for a few days because the incorrect order pushed me above my credit limit til it was removed a couple days later.

Dotster knows about this thread so lets keep it going. Post away until they fix the problem. I intend on it.

Larry
www.VoIPService.com
www.AffiliateNetwork.org

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I find this incredibly annoying too and wastes a lot of time and mental effort.

It applies to all the dotster.com regiserapi registrars and there are quite a lot of them - many being used by pool and/or snapnames as well as old namewinner domains.

Dotster: Please get this fixed.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I had a name in my account that was transferred away. A year later, it was still in my account, and I kept getting renewal notices for the domain name. Even for 4 months after it was expired I kept getting the notices. Annoying!

-Bob

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Same for me - tranferred out names still show up in my account. Also, when requesting your account password, make sure you enter your email address in CAPITALS or the form will not recognize it as a valid email address!

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your good infomation!

I use 000domains.com which is now owned by Dotster and uses their system. Names that I sold or transfered away still show up in my account.

Example ...... Karla.us which I sold eons ago and the new owner transferred it to GoDaddy. It still was in my account so I listed it for sale today (not thinking anything of it). Luckily the owner noticed my listing and pointed out it is in their account at godaddy before I resold it.

I mean really - I am in the domain biz and should have accurate domain listings in my account. Transfer outs still show in my account. The only way I can get an accurate list is by doing whois searches to see if I still own the damn names and which registrar I have them at. I've sold around 1000 names so it is hard to keep track.

Anyways - Dotster has had this problem for eons and they refuse to fix it because they are lazy - IMO! Quit wasting my time Dotster!

Ahhhh.... I feel a little better.

Larry
www.VoIPService.com
www.AffiliateNetwork.org

Supports response -

"Response (Jim P) - 06/13/2006 12:23 PM
We apologize for the problem. the domain has been remoevd from your account. if you see other domains in your account which have been transferred please let us know and we will remove them. We do not have aliste of domains in your account that has been transferred away. Thank you"

Translation - Our system is flawed and still refuse to fix it! You will have to waste your time figuring if your account is accurate or not.

Larry
www.VoIPService.com
www.AffiliateNetwork.org

Marcvs

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i havent had any trouble yet; but i have a grand total of 3 domains there :)

My directi reseller is good for me :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Dotster keeps spamming me for .mobi versions of domains that I don't even have with them anymore!

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me in the past and recently with Enom and DomainSite.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dotster also returns false positives on almost any .co.uk and NNN.de.

Get with it.

LarryWentz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dangit..... once again I am trying to sell/transfer names that I think I own but already have sold due to Dotster's "Majorly Flawed" system.

There promise of getting their system fixed was all bogus. I've been moving my names to Moniker.

Larry

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotster, next registerfly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com