Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

dotster Dotster's Terrible Customer Support - Do not use

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Dotster.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is probably nothing new from these folks but thought I'd share it with y'all.

I only had a few domains with Dotster (mostly due to purchases from users that had domains reg'd there)

Tried sending emails to support (they used to have a support email listed openly on their website.) NO ANSWER FOR MONTHS. Then all of a sudden I get 20 emails titled "Re: Contact Receipt" from "Dotster Customer Care" (try not to laugh.) Each says: "Dear Valued Dotster Customer (try not to laugh again)-- Your email support request has NOT been processed."

In the meantime I also tried calling their customer support tel # (360-449-5900), which is long-distance from here. After about 20 minutes of being on hold and no hope of getting a human anytime soon, I gave up.

After all of this I lost a $100 domain which I couldn't transfer out because of none response. Never mind long-distance charges.

Like I said, I never reg'd through them. I only had an account because I purchased domains from their users. If after just having a few, very few, domains there you end up with such an experience, this tells you something.

Hope none of you go through this.

webadresim

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Confirmed!
Still Terribble

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All true but you guys left the #1 reason not to use them. They're too expensive. I only use them for names that are already there when I buy them and I move them elsewhere after. Once in a blue moon they have a coupon for like $9.99, still not worth it. A large registrar but they won't be that for long at this pace

webadresim

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want to share our chat conversation(?) with Dotster Support Team(?) :)

You can check attachment or look to this picture.
FcGVT.png

Attachments

• dotstersupport.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 26

crazyd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you say things like "Please answer" and "when will you fix?" then I think the Dotster support gets a little irritated so they spend more time in the break room smoking cigarettes and trying to shake some free Ho-hos out of the vending machines. In my experience if you don't add any such comments, then they get to it quicker. Of course "quicker" is all relative.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
will NOT use. Only used them once back in 2009 when they had free domain hourly.

crazyd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
will NOT use. Only used them once back in 2009 when they had free domain hourly.

Nahhhhhh come on, join the fun! Transfer 2,000 domains in or something. Join the "More Info" craze!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators