Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DROE in big trouble now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with the ASA again regarding our dodgy friends, Domain Registry of Europe.

I cannot say much, as I am under a confidentiality order at the moment, but I can say that DROE are in big trouble now.

Watch out for articles in the press...

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with DROE....but I get a lot of mail from DROC ( Domain Registry of Canada ). (Probably the same people).I don't have any domains with them, and they always send me letters telling me I need to renew my domains.

RMF

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DROC (Canada), DROE (Europe), DROA (America), and there is now Domain Registry of Australia - they are all the same company.

They're also trying to sue Tucows for pointing out the kind of thing I have, but they're going to get their a$$e$ kicked so hard, they're going to....

...find out later what happens to them...

Bit like a TV show eh?! :)

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I get a ton of junk mail from DROE. 100% of which is for domains held in OpenSRS/Tucows. You can change a couple of things in the WHOIS and BANG! another junk mail will come!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox
I get a ton of junk mail from DROE. 100% of which is for domains held in OpenSRS/Tucows. You can change a couple of things in the WHOIS and BANG! another junk mail will come!

I get a bunch of stuff from DROA wanting me to switch.

More recently, I have been getting stuff from Regsiter.com wanting me to switch.

Both are targeting OpenSRS names.

Funny thing is, as an OPenSRS reseller, we get names for $10/each. DROA at least offers their prices at $29.99. Gee, what a deal :)

The snail mail spam I got from Register.com the other day was for $14.99. Not bad - they are getting there - but still why would I pay more? :laugh:

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom