Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DROE in big trouble now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with the ASA again regarding our dodgy friends, Domain Registry of Europe.

I cannot say much, as I am under a confidentiality order at the moment, but I can say that DROE are in big trouble now.

Watch out for articles in the press...

Domain Summit 2024

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with DROE....but I get a lot of mail from DROC ( Domain Registry of Canada ). (Probably the same people).I don't have any domains with them, and they always send me letters telling me I need to renew my domains.

RMF

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DROC (Canada), DROE (Europe), DROA (America), and there is now Domain Registry of Australia - they are all the same company.

They're also trying to sue Tucows for pointing out the kind of thing I have, but they're going to get their a$$e$ kicked so hard, they're going to....

...find out later what happens to them...

Bit like a TV show eh?! :)

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I get a ton of junk mail from DROE. 100% of which is for domains held in OpenSRS/Tucows. You can change a couple of things in the WHOIS and BANG! another junk mail will come!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox
I get a ton of junk mail from DROE. 100% of which is for domains held in OpenSRS/Tucows. You can change a couple of things in the WHOIS and BANG! another junk mail will come!

I get a bunch of stuff from DROA wanting me to switch.

More recently, I have been getting stuff from Regsiter.com wanting me to switch.

Both are targeting OpenSRS names.

Funny thing is, as an OPenSRS reseller, we get names for $10/each. DROA at least offers their prices at $29.99. Gee, what a deal :)

The snail mail spam I got from Register.com the other day was for $14.99. Not bad - they are getting there - but still why would I pay more? :laugh:

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom