• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed DVD Camcorders

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGray

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2002
Messages
959
Reaction score
0
There are a few of these out and I am sure they will be the standard of camcorders soon.

What do you think of these names?

DVDVideoCameras.com
DVDCamcorder.net
DVDCamcorders.net

Thanks!
:)
 
in that case it would be "DVDcamburner" =)
 
Uhhh, I think it is still camcorder

CAM(era) + (re)CORDER= CAMCORDER

;)
 
Very wise thinking mbg0050.
However DVDVideoCameras does not need a word "video" as it is contained in "DVD".
I am surprised you didn't think of dvdcameras.net and dvdcams.net, both available.
If you are not afraid of hyphen I left dvd-cams.com free, but registered dvd-cameras.com.
Thanks for a nice idea.
 
Thanks Options.

I did see the camera names but I feel that just camera sounds like a different product as well as "video camera" being instilled in our heads for so long.

I have seen Hitachi and others use the description DVD video camera in thier ads as well

We'll see how it turns out. The line between a camera and camcorder is actually becoming very blurred as many digital cameras wil record clips.
 
I seriously doubt that will be a big product, but good luck to you all!
 
Originally posted by domainAddict
Isnt there a TM over DVD?

I didn't find one. There are a lot of TMs that include DVD, ie: DVD Producer, DVD creator.

I've been wrong before though.
Just one time.
;)
 
Originally posted by icehole
I seriously doubt that will be a big product, but good luck to you all!

I don't understand why not.

Are people going to continue to use camcorders? Yes
Do people prefer tapes over DVD? No
Do poeple like to transfer mediums? No


Why wouldn't you want to record directly on to the disc that you are going to put into your player?
 
Are the camcorders already getting smaller than a DVD-disc? Yes.

Are there better and smaller mediums such as memory chips etc? Yes.

And for you who don't know, DVDcamcorders already exist
 
Originally posted by icehole
Are the camcorders already getting smaller than a DVD-disc? Yes.

Are there better and smaller mediums such as memory chips etc? Yes.

And for you who don't know, DVDcamcorders already exist

Ice,

The DVDs for these recorders are not regular size. The hole in the middle is so they fit in your DVD Player, but it is a smaller disc and many can be recorded on both sides.

I realize there are memory chip and I already mentioned it, but I personally feel that most people would rather copy directly onto the end medium than have to copy it "again" to a dvd.
 
LOL. what makes you think a DVD is the end medium?
 
Originally posted by icehole
LOL. what makes you think a DVD is the end medium?

What? :confused: LOL?

Why wouldn't the majority of camcorder users want it as an end medium?
 
isn't the correct term for these camcorders dv-camcorders?
 
No, DV are still tape camcorders.
 
Originally posted by President Gringo
isn't the correct term for these camcorders dv-camcorders?

:D That is so 1990's prez....
 
I would think it would still be dvd because the last D stands for disc which is what seperates these from other digital recorders that use another memory as storage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom