Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

dynadot Dynadot - Withdrawing Funds?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Dynadot.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently tried to buy a bunch of sunrise names from Dynadot and paid $250 with a credit card. Four months later I received an email saying the reservation had failed, and I would be refunded. I assumed the money would go back onto my credit card, so I forgot all about it.

When I checked my credit card statement the following month, the money had not been refunded, so I re-read the email more closely and realized they haven't refunded me, they have credited my Dynadot account with $250!

What am I supposed to do with that? I don't have any domains at Dynadot, there doesn't seem to be any way to withdraw it, or to get in touch with a human at Dynadot? How do I get my money back?

Has anyone else been in this situation with Dynadot?

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I emailed Dynadot asking for my money back and they told me:
  • Since the orders were placed back in March, we would not be able to submit the refund back to your MasterCard as it has passed the 60 day time frame. We would need to issue you a check instead. Would you like to proceed?
... I live in Switzerland, so they are gonna send me a US check in dollars, that I can't even cash here? After taking my money, holding it for nearly 4 months, failing to register any of the domains I ordered, and failing to refund my money... doesn't leave me with a warm, happy feeling... :(

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello Neil, i will not except that answer from Dynadot, I can remember that I had an order on Marcaria, this was more than a year old, I did not want to wait and got the money after more than one years back on my credit card.

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's too bad to hear Neil. Dynadot has always been pretty nice and helpful when I've spoken with them. I do agree with visit though - not sure that would be acceptable. There has to be another way..Paypal? Bank wire? Alipay? Skrill? DynaDot supports all of these as deposit methods!

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is the same thing if you sell a domain through them. I removed most of my listings because of that. I like them as a registrar and the expired auctions are decent, but getting money back from them seems impossible.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't know you could withdraw funds at Dynadot?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom