• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Easiest Web Design Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
0
I have used dreamweaver in the past, which was nice, but not the easiest web design program to use. Can anyone recommend me a really easy web design program? (I also tried homesite 5.5 which was nice, but also still a bit complex). I heard coffeecup was very easy. I am looking for a program that is basically "plug and play" for web designer's (a built-in FTP would also be a big plus)...
 
:-)
In my opinion you should use dreamweaver, even if it means a little extra efforts.
It's the industry standard, along with Photoshop for graphics.
Homesite 5.5 is good for programmers.
 
Or NetObjects Fusion... Which is for begginers.
 
I am surprised fusion is still around...
I used it in 97-98, and it was easy and powerful at the time.
dreamweaver if used for simple things is pretty simple IMO
 
thanks for the input guys... Dreamweaver is, I agree the best web design program out there. Not to mention support for MM flash 8, etc.

But I'm looking for a program where I can basically plug in scripts, or take my pre-edited templates (done with photoshop) and plug them in, add a few touches, and go live with the site.

Any other suggesstions?

Also has anyone ever used coffecup? (5 stars on download.com)?
 
I use coffecup and haven't had any problems, though I'm wouldn't consider myself an expert progammer or designer, but I felt it was worth the ~$50.
 
take my pre-edited templates (done with photoshop) and plug them in, add a few touches, and go live with the site

That is very easy to do in Dreamweaver...I don't think you will find a program that can do it any faster.
 
"That is very easy to do in Dreamweaver...I don't think you will find a program that can do it any faster."

I guess I just don't know how to do it...

Which brings me to my next point.

Does anyone know of a really good dreamweaver tutorial? I looked at the one that macromedia provided, and it looked very intimidating.

If not, I may give coffeecup a try, just because it seems so simple, and the layout is also very beginner-esque.
 
How's this for ease... open your web site in a browser, hit the edit button in your tool bar, log in, make your change, hit save, and exit out. If you want one program that does it all, it doesn't get any easier than Microsoft FrontPage. Though FP has it's baggage in other areas, it sounds like what you are looking for.
 
I use dreamweaver every once and a while for the simple templates...good program.
 
I have tried frontpage before. I agree that it is very good for extensions, but I think dreamweaver wins there hands down.

Nametrader just recommended a program called site spinner to me (V2), which looks VERY easy to use. Any thoughts?
 
Dreamweaver is one of the best, and used by millions, I would stick with what you are used to..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom