Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

ebay bid not withdrawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently made a bid on ebay on a name listed by an active member here.

After a while I look at the auction and it say's my bid was "withdrawn?? I was wondering why ebay says I withdrew my bid when I did not do so???

Later I was outbid and then the owner cancelled the auction early. I am not sure if that comes into play or not. Thanks.

Ebay said "Cancelled $51.00 - Explanation:withdrew"

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The bid can also be removed by the seller. Perhaps you had negative feedback OR the auction never reached his selling point, but he didnt have a reserve, so he cancelled bids, and the auction.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Some sellers refuse to sell to new buyers or buyers with f/b below a certain level (10 for example). Other sellers won't sell to certain countries. There are also deceitful sellers that won't sell to you if they sense that you will take action when you receive damaged goods. There are even sellers that don't want to sell but are just advertising their web sites.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry The bid can also be removed by the seller......OR the auction never reached his selling point, but he didnt have a reserve, so he cancelled bids, and the auction.

Thanks, yes the seller did indeed cancel early but why would ebay say I withdrew when that's not so?

So when a seller cancels are all bids marked as withdrawn? Sorry I am not too expert with ebay and this seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators