Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed EBAY.tl

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksonmui

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
closed comments

Domain Summit 2024

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol Does it have trademark problems!!! lol ITS FREAKEN EBAY!!! They will eat you and yours kids and your kid's kids. Oh, appraisal?
-$0 to reg fee imho unless its pulling some decent traffic which I doubt

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Value? Depends on who you're selling to.

*Domainers will recognize the blatant trademark and won't pay you a dime. In fact they'll think your a slimeball and giving the industry a bad smell if you misdirest traffic using it.

*Squatters (Cyber or Typo) If they feel they can make a buck with it by stealing traffic from the intended source they will pay quite a bit of their "dirty" money for it. Unfortunately there are quite a few of these slimeballs on this forum and the practice is NOT discouraged. To find them, just search TM, or trademark, or squatter.

Keral_Patel

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By the way I really doubt that EBAY.TL will be getting any traffic.

And if it is not getting traffic then the risk involved with this is too great compared to the profit it will deliver.

It certainly has trademark issue. It is written all over the domain name that it has trademark issue.

So I would appraise it for -100 or -1000 Bcoz it will certainly put the buyer into a situation when EBAY finds this out.

Thanks.

Dynamic1

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jackson might as well give it to ebay. 5000lb gorilla here we are talkin about. Remember that kid Mike rowe Soft
He got those papers and tried to sell them on E-Bay :>)
Personally I would not go near anything That Will come close to ebay. I have Largeauctions.com and .net close as I will ever come to ebay.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Poor newbie. eBay is WELL KNOWN for patrolling their trademarks fiercely. Hold on to it and expect some HUGE legal bills. Worth? Definitely in the red (a.k.a. negative).

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
unless your name is Joe Ebay not much value even then you wouldnt be able to sell

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Value? Depends on who you're selling to.

*Domainers will recognize the blatant trademark and won't pay you a dime. In fact they'll think your a slimeball and giving the industry a bad smell if you misdirest traffic using it.

*Squatters (Cyber or Typo) If they feel they can make a buck with it by stealing traffic from the intended source they will pay quite a bit of their "dirty" money for it. Unfortunately there are quite a few of these slimeballs on this forum and the practice is NOT discouraged. To find them, just search TM, or trademark, or squatter.
Give the crusade a rest. You're becoming boring.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
Give the crusade a rest. You're becoming boring.

Shut up Zoo. I've read stuff by you that I thought was boring too. You don't want to read my posts, put me on block. The crusade is a worthy cause, and I'm just as sick of seeing TM squatter name after name put up for appraisal or sale here, like it's ok. I guess some squatters just want to do the stinkin stuff and not get any comments from domainers. When they stop the squatting, then I'll stop the commenting.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are you Stoc -- the self-appointed squatting police chief? OK -- carry on with the crusade; at least I'm not seeing that perpetual "slimeball" and "scumbag' metaphor now. I guess if anyone is still listening to you, you'll keep getting "re-baited".

Hey, I don't mean any disrespect here, but this is a moribund horse that you're flogging at every opportunity and in every thread where there's a remote possibility of relevancy.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
What are you Stoc -- the self-appointed squatting police chief? OK -- carry on with the crusade; at least I'm not seeing that perpetual "slimeball" and "scumbag' metaphor now. I guess if anyone is still listening to you, you'll keep getting "re-baited".

Hey, I don't mean any disrespect here, but this is a moribund horse that you're flogging at every opportunity and in every thread where there's a remote possibility of relevancy.

Yeah I'm the Squatting Polease. Cept to me "Polease" is a bad word. Tell you the truth I'm getting tired of the crusade too. Just so long as I've gotten my point across.

I think the day of the Squatter will be coming to an end soon anyway. The smart money sees it already and are bailing in order. Just like the stock market it's always the late-comers to the TM typo game that will pick up the game and allow the smart money to get out. Then the newbies get stuck with the inventory on the way down. I see increasing suits by the companies, and progs designed to correct typos. I see databases coming with lists of known typo and cyber squatters just like the spyware lists where company attorneys will look up squatters to aid in WIPO and NAF actions.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
I see databases coming with lists of known typo and cyber squatters just like the spyware lists where company attorneys will look up squatters to aid in WIPO and NAF actions.

You don't see profiling as a problem? I can see where that system will be a major problem. Uping the ante on reverse hijacking cases and frivolous lawsuits. I really see no difference in big companies trying to stake claim on generic words or generic typos. And I am not talking about ebay.tl I am talking about names like thegame.com vs. game.com and so on.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*Huge* TM issue + exotic TLD.
I would even appraise below $0.
What is the reg fee for .tl ? $50 ?
A lawsuit costs much higher but the name could be taken away from you as well.

topnwk

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$0, I'd do whatever I can to not have the domain. See if your register can just delete the domain or something.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators